Job Title: Student Trainee (Accounting) Internship
Department: Executive Office Of The President
Agency: Office of Administration
Job Announcement Number:OA-13-30-KJ-IP
|SALARY RANGE:||$30,456.00 to $39,590.00 / Per Year|
|OPEN PERIOD:||Friday, June 14, 2013 to Thursday, June 27, 2013|
|SERIES & GRADE:||GS-0599-04|
|POSITION INFORMATION:||Full Time – Internships|
|DUTY LOCATIONS:||1 vacancy in the following location:
Washington DC, DC United StatesView Map
|WHO MAY APPLY:||Student/Internship Eligible|
This position has an educational requirement and you must submit unofficial transcripts or a list of completed courses with the credit hours received in order to be considered.
The Pathways Internship Program is designed to attract students enrolled in a wide variety of educational institutions (ranging from high school to graduate school) with paid opportunities to work in agencies and explore Federal careers while still in school. This program exposes students to jobs in the Federal civil service by providing meaningful development work at the beginning of their career, before their careers paths are fully established.
This position is located in the Executive Office of the President, Office of Administration, Office of the Chief Financial Officer, Accounting Division. The incumbent will work in a trainee position performing financial analysis of various general ledger accounts to include accounts payable, accounts receivable and liabilities; prepare written reports, correspondence, and oral presentations.
- Must be a US citizen or national
- Registered with the Selective Service, if a male born after 12-31-1959
- Be at least 18 years old and obtain a favorable security determination
- Subject to pre-employment and random drug tests
- Direct Deposit is required
- RELOCATION EXPENSES WILL NOT BE PAID
The Student Trainee will perform the following duties:
- Deobligation Project – Generate reports and assist with research of outstanding obligations
- Monthly Performance Metrics – Generate obligation status and update performance metrics data
- Status of Funds – Generate status of funds reports for all fund symbols for budgetary reporting
- Assist the Accounting Division staff with special projects as needed; and
- Perform other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: All applicants must meet the qualification requirements outlined below to be considered minimally qualified for this position. The qualification requirements are in accordance with the OPM Qualification Standards.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Applicants must have a minimum of one year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility comparable to the next lower grade (GS-03) or comparable pay band in the Federal service or equivalent experience in the private sector. Examples of specialized experience are:
For the GS-04: Studied accounting principles, business management/administration, finance and economics with an understanding of theories and concepts; performed financial analysis of various general ledge accounts to include but not limited to accounts payable, accounts receivable, and liabilities; Gained a basic understanding of accounting equations; and prepared written reports, correspondence, and oral presentations.
EDUCATION SUBSTITUTE: Education must demonstrate the applicant obtained the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to do the work of this position. This education must have been obtained in an accredited college or university.
For the GS-04: Completion of 2 full academic years of post-high school study or an Associate’s Degree.
Please see “Qualifications Required” for requirements of the position.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Once the application process is completed in its entirety, a review of your application will be made to ensure you meet the job requirements. Qualified applicants will be referred to the hiring manager for further consideration and possible interviews.
The federal government offers a comprehensive benefits package. Explore the major benefits offered to most federal employees at http://www.usajobs.gov/ResourceCenter/Index/508/Benefits#icc
If selected, you will be required to sign a Pathways Participant Agreement. Interns will work full-time during the summer and may work a flexible part-time work schedule during the school year (based on agency needs) while continuing their education.
You will be in a trial period throughout your entire Pathways Internship appointment. If selected by management, you are required to complete a Declaration for Federal Employment (OF-306) to determine your suitability for federal employment and to authorize a background investigation.
This is an Excepted Service appointment. As a part of the Pathways Internship Program, the appointment may be extended until the selectee’s educational program requirements have been completed. You may be converted, without a break in service to a term (time-limited) or permanent appointment upon graduation and completion of program requirements but there is no guarantee.
Career Transition Program: The provisions of the Reemployment Priority List (RPL), Career Transition Assistance (CTAP) Program and Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP) do not apply to the initial appointment or conversions of Pathways Programs participants to the competitive service.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy Statement: http://www.eeoc.gov/federal/index.cfm
Employment Information Resources – Resource Center: http://www.usajobs.gov/ResourceCenter/Index/508/
Males born after 12-31-1959 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service (see http://www.sss.gov/)
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply for this position, you must complete the occupational questionnaire and submit the documentation specified in the Required Documents section below.
The complete application package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on Thursday, June 27, 2013 to receive consideration.
- To begin, click Apply Online to create a USAJOBS account or log in to your existing account. Follow the prompts to select your USAJOBS resume and/or other supporting documents and complete the occupational questionnaire.
- Click the Submit My Answers button to submit your application package.
- It is your responsibility to ensure your responses and appropriate documentation is submitted prior to the closing date.
- To verify your application is complete, log into your USAJOBS account, https://my.usajobs.gov/Account/Login, select the Application Status link and then select the more information link for this position. The Details page will display the status of your application, the documentation received and processed, and any correspondence the agency has sent related to this application. Your uploaded documents may take several hours to clear the virus scan process.
- To return to an incomplete application, log into your USAJOBS account and click Update Application in the vacancy announcement. You must re-select your resume and/or other documents from your USAJOBS account or your application will be incomplete.
It is applicant’s responsibility to verify that information entered, uploaded, or faxed (i.e., resume, veteran’s documentation, completed assessment, and SF-50′s) is received and accurate. Human Resources will not modify or change any part of your application. If a document is not in legible format, applicant will not be able to view it in Application Manager which means applicant must again upload or fax the documentation by the closing date of this announcement.
Application packages will NOT be accepted via mail. Due to security processes, mail delivery takes approximately 2-3 weeks to process at which time the vacancy announcement will be closed and no further consideration will be given to additional application packages.
All applicants are required to submit the following supporting document type(s):
Applicants may also submit the following supporting document type(s),which may not be required for all applicants:
·Other Veterans Document
- Resume (must be a maximum of 6 pages) which MUST include the following information: announcement number and job title for which you are applying; beginning and ending dates (mo./yr.) for paid or non-paid work experience; and average number of hours worked per week.
- Education - You must provide a copy of your college transcript or an appropriate list of completed courses with the credit hours received. The transcript may be unofficial or photocopy at time of application, but MUST provide the original if selected.
- Completed Occupational Questionnaire
- Veteran’s Preference MUST provide the following: DD-214 (member copy 4) showing dates served, discharge type, and campaign badges or expeditionary medals earned and VA Disability Award Letter displaying the percentage awarded. If you do not supply the required documentation to verify your eligibility you will not receive proper credit for preference. For additional details visit: http://www.fedshirevets.gov/index.aspx
Faxing Applications or Supporting Documents:
You are encouraged to apply online. Applying online will allow you to review and track the status of your application.
NOTE: If you applied online and your application is complete, do not fax the paper application (1203FX) as this will overwrite your prior online responses and may result in you being found ineligible.
If you completed the occupational questionnaire online and are unable to upload supporting document(s):
- To fax your documents, you must use the following cover page http://staffing.opm.gov/pdf/usascover.pdf and provide the required information. The Vacancy ID is 909053.
- Fax your documents to 1-478-757-3144.
If you cannot complete the Application Package online, you may fax all of your materials. The complete application package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on Thursday, June 27, 2013 to receive consideration. Keep a copy of your fax confirmation in the event verification is needed.
To complete the occupational questionnaire and submit via fax:
- Click the following link to view and print the occupational questionnaire View Occupational Questionnaire.
- Print the 1203FX form, follow the instructions and provide your responses to the occupational questionnaire items http://www.opm.gov/forms/pdfimage/opm1203fx.pdf.
- Fax all six pages of the completed 1203FX form along with any supporting documents to 1-478-757-3144. Your 1203FX will serve as a cover page for your fax transmission.
AGENCY CONTACT INFO:
EOP – OA Client Services
Executive Office of the President
725 17th Street NW
Washington , DC
WHAT TO EXPECT NEXT:
You may check your application status by logging into your USAJOBS account. Within two weeks of the closing date, your application will be reviewed and rated. Ratings will be determined based on the documents and information received by the closing date. The most highly qualified candidates will be referred to the hiring manager for further consideration. If you are selected for an interview, the hiring manager will contact you directly. Once a hiring decision is made, we will notify all applicants of their final status.