Job Title:CDFI Manager (Programs)
Department:Department Of The Treasury
Agency:Treasury, Departmental Offices
Job Announcement Number:13-DO-565P
|$123,758.00 to $155,500.00 / Per Year|
|Friday, June 07, 2013 to Friday, June 21, 2013|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Position is at the full performance level. – This is a full-time permanent position.|
|1 vacancy – Washington, DC, USView Map|
WHO MAY APPLY:
|U.S. citizens; no prior Federal experience is required.
Current permanent Federal employees in competitive positions, former Federal employees who have reinstatement eligibility, and individuals who are eligible to apply under special appointing authorities may wish to apply for this same vacancy under Merit Promotion Vacancy Announcement 13-DO-563. Please refer to that vacancy announcement for details on eligibility and how to apply.
Would you like to use your expertise in the Community Development Financial Institutions Fund to help the Department of the Treasury, CDFI? If so, we invite you to apply for this position.
The U.S. Department of the Treasury has a distinguished history dating back to the founding of our nation. As the steward of U.S. economic and financial systems, Treasury is a major and influential leader in today’s global economy. We have over 100,000 employees across the country and around the world. The Community Development Financial Institutions (CDFI) Fund is charged with promoting economic revitalization and community development primarily through investment in and assistance to Community Development Financial Institutions (CDFIs) and Community Development Entities (CDEs), through encouraging insured depository institutions to increase lending, financial services and technical assistance to CDFIs and within distressed communities throughout the United States. Among other things, the CDFI Fund provides grants, loans, deposits, equity investments, technical assistance, and tax credits to organizations engaged in community development finance. Come Join the Department of the Treasury and Invest in Tomorrow.
Treasury Headquarters, the Departmental Offices, has responsibility for formulating policy and the overall management of the Department of the Treasury. The Office of the Community Development Financial Institutions Fund focuses on economic revitalization and community development and is recruiting to fill a key CDFI Manager position.
This position is in a small office with top staff members who work on a wide array of interesting issues. We offer both flexible work schedules and an opportunity for challenging and interesting work. We are located in the heart of Washington, DC a few blocks from the White House, near the Farragut North and Farragut West metro stations, and close to shops, museums, and restaurants.
This is an excellent opportunity to advance your career and your salary!
- Click “Print Preview” to review the entire announcement before applying.
- We offer opportunities for telework.
- We offer opportunities for flexible work schedules.
As a CDFI Manager (Programs) you will:
- Manage the application and award review process for assigned area of program responsibility;
- Perform award reviews and providing funding concurrence and/or recommendations for award justifications based on considerations such as quality, consistency and adherence to policies, procedures and applicable OMB and other Federal regulations;
- Establish and evaluate policies, guidelines, procedures and methodologies that guide the operations, implementation and management of assigned area of program responsibility;
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the Fund’s strategic plan and performance indicators; and
- Representing the Fund at high level meetings and conferences, and providing information and consultation regarding areas of assigned program responsibility.
In order for your application to be considered, you must meet the following requirements by the closing date of this announcement:
You must have one year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-14 grade level in the Federal service. Specialized experience for this position includes:
- Experience serving as a key advisor to senior management with respect to award administration and monitoring;
- Experience that demonstrates knowledge of Federal grants management policies; and
- Experience overseeing the work of others in performing program implementation and evaluation work requiring expertise in: (1) the financial and management structure, operations and practices of community development finance entities; (2) the development and execution of policies, procedures and risk plans for effective implementation of federal awards and grants programs; and (3) federal grants management/compliance policies, laws, regulations and circulars.
The experience may have been gained in either the public or private sector. One year of experience refers to full-time work; part-time work is considered on a prorated basis.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your application includes your: 1. Resume, 2. Responses to the online questions, and 3. Required supporting documents.
We use a multi-step process to evaluate and refer applicants: 1. Minimum Requirements: Your application must show that you meet all requirements, including the education and/or experience required for this position. You may be found “not qualified” if you do not possess the minimum competencies required for the position. If your application is incomplete, we may rate you as ineligible. 2. Rating: Your application will be evaluated in the following areas: Technical Skills, Supervisory and Team Work Skills, and Communication Skills. We may lower your rating if your responses to the online questions are not supported by the education and/or experience described in your application. Category rating will be used to rank and select eligible candidates. If qualified, you will be assigned to one of three categories, A, B or C, depending on your experience and education related to this position. Veterans’ preference is applied after applicants are assessed. Preference-eligibles will be listed at the top of their assigned category and considered before non-preference-eligibles in that category. Qualified preference-eligibles with a compensable service-connected disability of 10% or more will be listed at the top of the highest category. 3. Referral: If you are among the top qualified candidates, your application may be referred to a selecting official for consideration and possible interview. If you are a displaced or surplus Federal employee (eligible for the Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP)/Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP)), you must be assigned the middle category or better to be rated as well qualified to receive special selection priority. We recommend that you preview the online questions for this announcement before you start the application process.
To preview questions please click here.
We offer a workplace that is respectful, fair, and values diversity. Our comprehensive benefits are very generous – helping you to reach your personal goals by supporting your professional growth, health, well-being, and your family needs. Our benefits package includes:
- Challenging work, opportunities for advancement, competitive salaries, bonuses and incentive awards;
- Ten paid holidays, 13 days of sick leave, and 13 to 26 days of vacation time each year;
- Access to insurance programs that may be continued after you retire;
- A wide choice of health insurance plans, coverage for pre-existing conditions, and no waiting periods. We pay a substantial amount (up to 75%) of the health insurance premiums.
To learn more about Federal benefits programs, Click here.
- We may select from this announcement or any other source to fill one or more vacancies.
- We will not pay relocation expenses.
- This is a non-bargaining designated position.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: If selected for this position, you will be required to:
- Complete a one-year probationary period (unless already completed).
- Complete a one-year supervisory or managerial probationary period (unless already completed).
- Complete a Declaration for Federal Employment to determine your suitability for Federal employment.
- If you are a male applicant born after December 31, 1959, certify that you have registered with the Selective Service System or are exempt from having to do so.
- Have your salary sent to a financial institution of your choice by Direct Deposit/Electronic Funds Transfer.
- Go through a Personal Identity Verification (PIV) process that requires two forms of identification from the Form I-9 (http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-9_IFR_02-02-09.pdf). Federal law requires verification of the identity and employment eligibility of all new hires in the U.S.
- Successfully complete a background investigation.
- Obtain and maintain a security clearance at an appropriate level for this position.
- File a Confidential Financial Disclosure Report within 30 days of appointment and annually thereafter, if applicable.
- Undergo an income tax verification, if applicable.
HOW TO APPLY:
The following instructions outline our application process. You must complete this application process and submit any required documents by 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time (ET) on the closing date of this announcement. We are available to assist you during business hours (normally 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., Monday – Friday). If applying online poses a hardship, please contact us by noon ET on the announcement’s closing date.
Treasury provides reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities on a case-by-case basis. Please contact us if you require this for any part of the application and hiring process.
Step 1 – Create or Upload a resume with USAJOBS (www.usajobs.gov) -We suggest you go to the end of the Qualifications & Evaluation section of the job announcement to preview the online questions that you will answer in Step 3. You may need to customize your resume to ensure that it supports your responses to these questions. For more resume tips click here. – You may create a resume in USAJOBS or upload one of your own choosing. Although you must enter your Social Security Number (SSN) for USAJOBS, we will only see the last four digits for identification purposes.
Step 2 – Apply Online Click the “Apply Online” link of this announcement and then select the resume you wish to submit with your application. You will be redirected to the Department of the Treasury’s CareerConnector website to complete the application process.
Step 3 – Answer the Online Questions and Submit Your Online Application If this is your first time on Treasury’s CareerConnector website, you will be prompted to register by answering questions related to your eligibility for Federal employment. The system will save these responses and take you back to the main screen so that you can answer the job-specific questions. Select “Take me to the assessment” and click on the “Continue” button to answer the job-specific questions. You must answer all the questions and click the “Finished” button.
Step 4 – Review and Confirm Your Submission You will now have the option to upload a document or print fax cover-sheets for your required documents (see step 5 for details). Once you click “Done,” you will see a summary of your application for your review. You may also print a copy for your records. When you click “Finished” at the bottom of the page, you will then be directed back to USAJOBS where you can confirm that your application has been submitted and track your application status.
Step 5 – Submit Required Documents You can submit any required documents (discussed below) by document upload or fax. Whichever method you choose, please include the job announcement number with your documents. To protect your privacy, we encourage you to remove your SSN from any documents that you submit.
Document Upload: You may upload supporting documents in one of two ways:
1. Once you finish answering the questions in the job announcement, you will be prompted to upload your document(s) to your application. You will be given the choice to either upload the document as part of the application process or you can select a document that you’ve already loaded on USAJOBS. or 2. You can upload a document to an existing application by logging into your USAJOBS account profile. Click on “My Applications” and search for the vacancy. Once you’ve located the vacancy, click on the vacancy and select “Apply Online.” Move through your existing application to the Documents page and select Upload in order to add a document to your application. Be certain to review your complete application for confirmation that the document uploaded. In the Application Review section, you may verify acceptance of your documents in CareerConnector if you see them listed on the “Vacancy Documents” screen. Then, click on “Finished” to be returned to USAJOBS.
Fax: Create a fax cover-sheet in CareerConnector by following the “Faxing Supporting Documentation” instructions. The fax number will be on the cover-sheet.
Please note that if you do not provide all required information, as specified in this announcement, you may not be considered for this position (or may not receive the special consideration for which you may be eligible).
VETERANS’ PREFERENCE DOCUMENTATION If you are claiming veterans’ preference, you must submit a copy of your Certificate of Release or Discharge From Active Duty, DD-214 (Member 4 copy), or other official documentation from a branch of the Armed Forces or the Department of Veterans Affairs showing dates of service and type of discharge. 10 point preference eligibles must also submit an Application for 10-point Veteran Preference, SF-15, along with the required documentation listed on the back of the SF-15 form. An SF-15 may be found at: http://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/SF15.pdf. For more information on veterans’ preference, click here.
CTAP/ICTAP DOCUMENTATION If you are a displaced or surplus Federal employee eligible for consideration under the Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP) or Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP), you must submit proof of eligibility. For a detailed list of documents, click here.
AGENCY CONTACT INFO:
WHAT TO EXPECT NEXT:
You may check the status of your application for this position at any time by logging onto the USAJOBS “My Account” tab and clicking on “Application Status.” We will also send you notification of your application status. Please notify us if your contact information changes after the closing date of the announcement. Also, note that if you provide an email address that is inaccurate, or if your mailbox is full or blocked (e.g., spam-blocker), you may not receive important communication that could affect your consideration for this position.