Manager, Economic Opportunity Programs
Points of Light is the nation’s leading volunteer organization with more than 20 years of history and a bipartisan presidential legacy. Our mission is to inspire, equip and mobilize people to take action that changes the world. We connect people to their power to make a meaningful difference by providing access to tools, resources and opportunities to help volunteers use their time, talent, voice and money to meet the critical needs of our communities. We are organized into three divisions: Programs, Civic Incubator and Action Networks, which include: HandsOn Network, the largest network of 250 local volunteer centers across the country and around the world; generationOn, the youth service movement that ignites the power of kids to make their mark on the world; AmeriCorps Alums, the national service alumni network that activates the next generation of service leaders; and Points of Light Corporate Institute, which enables companies to engage their employees and customers in service.
Position: Manager, Economic Opportunity Programs
Department: Community Impact Programs
Reports to: Director, Economic Opportunity Programs
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
The Manager, Economic Opportunity Programs supports the successful execution and development of new national economic opportunity programs that support financial stability and capability for low- and moderate-income individuals and families. This position will focus mostly on the launch of the Financial Opportunity Corps, a financial coaching program that utilizes AmeriCorps VISTA members in 10 locations throughout the country. The Manager will be responsible for compliance and tracking within VISTA regulations. This may involve financial and/or administrative support to ensure requirements are met.
The position provides a unique opportunity to learn the inner workings of a national program while also supporting local, grassroots efforts. Some travel required.
Duties & responsibilities:
Program Management and Development
- Hold responsibility for program model, training, and host site support for the Financial Opportunity Corps program, including regulatory expertise and relationship management with the CNCS State Office
- Ensure fidelity of program implementation of Financial Opportunity Corps model across sites
- Act as a primary liaison to a portfolio of VISTA host sites (supervisors and members) for training and technical assistance in all elements of program execution and continuous quality improvement
- Develop new volunteer-led program models in the economic opportunity field
- Keep track of research and trends in economic opportunity
- Implement tools and procedures for monitoring program excellence and compliance at the local level, including assessment resources, protocols, process, schedule, training for compliance staff, and consequences for failing to adhere to policies and procedures. Update tools as needed
- Implement and monitor policies and procedures that support full regulatory compliance and programmatic excellence at all VISTA host sites, including desk audits, on-site visits, and monthly compliance calls
- Provide support during recruitment and enrollment periods in review and posting of positions and submissions of candidates to CNCS
- Support program evaluation and reporting through development of tracking systems to compile and review program results
- Develop and execute the VISTA member training plan, including web-based trainings
- Develop content and training for Points of Light’s Action Networks to implement economic opportunity programming in their communities
- Supervise one AmeriCorps*VISTA Leader, who will engage in VISTA communication, training and support efforts.
- Review and process expense reports and invoices submitted for reimbursement as applicable.
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience developing or managing economic opportunity programming, such as financial education, VITA, benefits assistance or IDA programs
- Three to five years of progressive responsibility/experience in a nonprofit environment
- Demonstrated experience and skills in program management, facilitation and training, corrective action planning, and technical assistance
- Demonstrated proficiency in problem solving; independence in utilizing available resources and information to formulate accurate responses and answers where appropriate
- Proficient and demonstrable computer skills, especially in the Microsoft Office suite
- Excellent organizational and communication skills and ability to meet aggressive timelines
- Experience in fiscal management, including budget tracking, expenditure management and reporting
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent customer service skills and demonstrated diplomacy with external stakeholders
- High standards of professionalism and work ethic
- BA/BS (or equivalent experience) required
- National service experience preferred
Salary: Salary is commensurate with experience, with excellent benefits package.
Send cover letter and resume to:
Resumes@pointsoflight.org - please include job title in the subject line.
Fax – 404 979 2901
600 Means Street, Suite 210
Atlanta, GA 30318
Register today for Points of Light’s Conference on Volunteering and Service here.