Capital Semester in Washington, DC
Sponsored by The Fund for American Studies
Final Application Deadline – June 1
***Scholarship Funding Available***
Do you have plans yet for this fall? Have you thought about spending 15 weeks in Washington, DC completing an internship and earning 12 credits from George Mason University?
The application deadline for the fall 2013 Capital Semester in Washington, DC is June 1. There is still plenty of time to apply – there are many exciting internship opportunities available and generous scholarship funding to be awarded.
Spend your semester gaining real-world experience that will help set you apart when it comes time to find your first job after graduation. Here are some examples of intern projects that you could work on next semester:
- Develop a strategic marketing plan for your client who is lobbying for a bill on Capitol Hill.
- Attend a Congressional briefing and write a summary for your manager.
- Cover a press conference at the National Press Club.
- Research data for a report on bio-terrorism threats and other national security concerns.
- Plan and develop a social media campaign for crime prevention awareness.
- Attend a strategy meeting with coalition groups advocating for clean energy policies.
- Make media pitch calls on behalf of a client whose is promoting her latest book.
- Work on cultural fair for newly arrived immigrants from Africa.
- Serve as call screener for a radio talk show.
- Help prepare a briefing book for your boss who will be testifying in an important Congressional hearing.
- Brain storm ideas for a Congressional candidate’s latest television commercial.
- Coordinate logistics for a conference with scholars from prestigious think tanks.
In addition to an internship and classes, our program provides housing in furnished apartments in the Capitol Hill neighborhood of DC, planned social activities, professional development seminars, and numerous opportunities for networking.
This fall 2013 deadline is June 1 and there is generous scholarship funding still available. Please contact Dana Faught at email@example.com or 202-986-0384 with any questions; she will work with you to help you complete your application.
For more information or to start an application, please visit our website at www.DCinternships.org/CS.