Related: Uncategorized

An inspirational story and a great cause!

Good Afternoon Trinity!

My name is Robin Thomas I am currently a  graduate student here at Trinity and I would like to share some news with you.

I was homeless with my daughter while completing my undergraduate degree at Trinity. I was a resident at this shelter called Turning Point Center For Women and Children, where they house families (in separate apartment units) for two years so Mothers can get back on their feet. I used my time to get my degree from Trinity. I am reaching out to my fellow sisters to help this organization by coming out to the  2013 Kettle Classic 5K Run & Walk APRIL 20TH @ 8AM. The Turning Point Center gave me peace and stability to focus on my daughter and my education. This building was built 10 years ago at 1434 Harvard Street, Washington, DC N.W. (10mins from Trinity). I recently moved out of Turning Point due to my two year lease expiring; my daughter and I are doing well. I was contacted from the program director Kathy Doxxee to become a spokesperson for the April 20th event to help raise awareness of the needs of these moms. I ask that you come out and join us to provide better furniture, activities, programs, and hope for these families.

Thank you

Robin Thomas

Human Relations Major

Blue class of 2012

About the 2013 Kettle Classic 5K Run & Walk
Saturday, April 20, 2013
Pre-Event: 8:00am
Race Time: 9:00am
Location:  RFK Stadium Lots 6 & 7

The Cause

Proceeds from the event benefit Turning Point Center for Women and Children, a dynamic housing program for homeless mothers and children, which includes comprehensive support for job training, education, and employment.  The program is designed to provide supportive services and housing to families for up to 24 months while residents gain the skills to become independent and self-sufficient.  Upon completion of the program, residents will have the skills necessary to improve their vocational opportunities and increase their earned income potential; obtain permanent housing; and achieve greater self-determination.

As the weather is breaking, we are half way to making our goal! Together, we have raised more than $25,000 for the 2013 Kettle Classic 5K Run & Walk which will take place on Saturday April, 20, 2013.

In order to reach our goal by race day, we need your help! By registering for the 2013 Kettle Classic 5K Run & Walk you can help change lives!

Use the promotional code LOVESALARMY to register for the 5K Run for only $25!

Are you registered already? Why not bring a friend, running with a buddy is always fun! Share our promotional code with your friends and family!

Check out our latest updates on Facebook.

2013 Kettle Classic 5K Run & Walk Sponsors

Thank you for your support! 

The Salvation Army Advisory Council
Kettle Classic Planning Committee 

STAY   CONNECTED

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

Connect with Trinity:

Contact the School of Professional Studies at 202-884-9620 or by fax at 202-884-9632.
Interested in attending Trinity? Please visit our Office of Admissions.