CFED is seeking a Senior Program Manager, Savings & Financial Security to manage the conception, development and implementation of asset-building demonstration projects and policy initiatives, support the product development and delivery of savings tools, and provide technical assistance and capacity-building support to community practitioners. We are particularly interested in candidates with programmatic experience in matched savings accounts, including Individual Development Accounts (IDAs) and/or Children’s Savings Accounts. The incumbent will be based in our Washington D.C. office, reporting to the Director, Savings & Financial Security. CFED’s staff thrives on open collaboration, intellectual curiosity, an energetic, entrepreneurial approach to challenges, and hard work and drive toward fulfilling our mission. Our successful candidate will embody those values.
- Provide operational oversight to the planning, implementation and evaluation of a wide range of matched savings programs and initiatives
- Provide technical assistance to program partners and community practitioners, including program design and monitoring, advice, guidance, compliance support, and problem-solving
- Establish and maintain strategic relationships with external practitioners, subject matter experts and funders to identify new opportunities for collaboration, develop and advance existing projects and initiatives, and remain engaged on the current issues impacting the field
- Research, draft, and edit various communications materials, including reports, programmatic policies and procedures, alerts, concept papers, project proposals, grant reports, etc.
- Participate in the planning, coordination and implementation of conferences, webinars and conference calls, including CFED’s flagship bi-annual conference
- Provide mentoring, coaching and development opportunities for staff
- Either a Master’s degree in social work, political science, economics, public affairs, city and regional planning, or other related fields, or an equivalent combination of educational and work experience
- Familiarity with the low-income asset building field
- Experience working with schools, community organizations, consumer financial institutions, and/or local governments
- Hands-on experience with matched savings accounts for adults and/or children, postsecondary education, and/or other asset-building initiatives a significant plus
- Demonstrable ability to develop relationships with underserved low-income communities, particularly communities of color
- Demonstrable ability to manage complex projects, including relationships with partner organizations, multiple sites, external consultants, and coalitions
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, a responsive listener, and an effective public speaker and presenter. Must have prior experience quickly developing impactful communications for a variety of audiences
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to work in a team decision-making environment. Must be equally effective collaborating with a team and performing as an individual contributor
- Intermediate to advanced user of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, academic and internet search engines
- Experience with event planning and logistics desirable
- Demonstrably high degree of initiative and productivity combined with accuracy; ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Ability to travel as needed to industry conferences, community partner sites, CFED convenings and other events
To apply, submit your cover letter and resume online at https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=2541391. Please note that this position is based in CFED’s Washington, DC office.
CFED is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that diversity of background and perspective are strengths, and seek to continue to grow a diverse, highly committed, skilled, and collaborative staff.