Job Title: Chief of Party, Decentralization Project
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Start Date: To be decided, (anticipated for August –September –the position is contingent on the bid being successful.)
Scope of Work Background
Deloitte Consulting LLP is seeking Chief of Party (COP) candidates for an anticipated USAID-funded decentralization project in Kenya. The project will build the capacity of local governments, improve service delivery at the local level, establish communication and coordination mechanisms between the central government and county governments, and strengthen the role of civil society as a partner in governance at the local level.
Job Description – Chief of Party, Deloitte Consulting
The Chief of Party will be responsible for the overall planning, implementation and management of the project and will establish the administrative framework to monitor and assume progress toward the achievement of the project’s goals and objectives. The COP will foster and ensure collaboration with partners, donors, and other stakeholder representatives by building and maintaining productive relationships.
- · Provide leadership and technical expertise for the project and expat and local teams;
- · Develop strategic objectives and confirm project compliance with USAID regulations;
- · Service as the primary point of contact for USAID and other project stakeholders;
- · Oversee technical activities of the project and ensure that impact is achieving the results defined in the contract; and
- · Evaluate and document project progress and lessons learned
We are seeking candidates with the following qualifications:
- Minimum of 10+ years of experience in an executive role in an international development setting -required;
- Minimum of 5+ years of managing or supervising projects of similar complexity is required, preferably with a USAID or other donor-funded program as a Chief of Party or Team Leader;
- Demonstrated capability to build capacity through a donor-funded program related to local governance, decentralization, and civil society; and
- Knowledge of USAID operations, programming and structure;
- Ability to establish strong relationships with a range of organizations, beneficiaries and related parties (e.g., national and sub-national government, NGOs, private sector);
- Demonstrated leadership, management and team-building abilities and effective interpersonal and communication skills, strategic planning and analytical skills; and
- Fluency in spoken and written English is required.
- Multiple country work experience is required.
- Additional desired qualifications:
- Prior experience in East Africa is strong preference;
- Prior relationships and experience with USAID in Kenya; and
- Working knowledge of the devolution issues, challenges, and developments in Kenya as well as an in depth understanding of the political history and regional politics.
- Advanced degree in political science, public policy, public administration, or relevant field;
Deloitte refers to one or more of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu, a Swiss Verein, and its network of member firms, each of which is a legally separate and independent entity. Please see www.deloitte.com/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu and its member firms. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers.
How to Apply: Please submit your resume/CV to linda.aines @ internationalink.net with “Chief of Party – Deloitte-Kenya” in the subject line. Please include a list of three professional references as well. Only short listed candidates will be contacted for interviews by Deloitte
Deadline for Applications: February 19, 2013
Thank you for viewing this position and I hope that if it is not in your area of expertise, that you will forward it to colleagues who may have the experience and will benefit by it.
Aines International Recruitment Services, St Petersburg, Florida, USA