Title: Senior Business Practice Leader/Associate Vice President
Location: Washington DC
Start Date: As soon as possible
I am recruiting this on behalf of The International Executive Service Corp (IESC), a dynamic not-for-profit organization with a focus on private sector growth. IESC is seeking candidates for a Practice Leader. The organization has experienced rapid and significant growth in the past three years. IESC has grown in revenue from $5 million per year to over $40 million. The range of exciting opportunities continues to increase, and as a result, IESC seeks to identify and hire a strong leader with a commitment to international development.
Candidates will have the capacity and breadth of experience to direct new business opportunities in development areas including, but not limited to, agriculture and agribusiness and public sector capacity building that supports private sector development. We are seeking a well-organized, highly motivated candidate to provide leadership in the development of an emerging IESC Practice Area. The ideal candidate will bring depth of technical experience in one or more of the suggested practice areas, a desire to own and develop his or her own portfolio of programs, and a strong network of development practitioners and firms.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Lead the development of a competitive a portfolio, which leverages the organization’s overall economic growth experience;
2. Lead IESC’s new business efforts including: identification of opportunities, technical proposal writing, identification of personnel, and identification and negotiation with partner organizations;
3. Provide intellectual leadership, technical input and management support for IESC’s program implementation efforts;
4. Represent IESC in knowledge sharing of technical innovations and best practices in forums and through special studies that document lessons-learned.
- At least 10 years’ progressive experience with USAID and/or other multilateral donor programs (required);
- At least 5 years of experience in technical or management capacity with USAID-funded projects is required;
- Understanding of USAID and/or other donor procurement processes and regulations is required.
- Strong writing, quantitative, analytical and research skills.
- Proven ability to manage all aspects of proposal coordination, including liaising with responsible parties for technical, financial and administrative inputs (required);
- Demonstrated experience contributing to winning proposals is required. (experience sought specifically with technical proposals and work plan designs, PMPs etc…)
- Strong technical experience in at least two areas of relevance to IESC. Examples include, but are not limited to: Agriculture and Food SecurityAgribusiness; Public sector capacity building; Enabling environment; SME and agribusiness; access to credit; Women in development; Youth empowerment/entrepreneurship
- Strong organizational, communications, marketing and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team, prioritize work, and handle multiple tasks under tight deadlines.
- Enthusiasm and willingness to take on multiple and varied responsibilities as organizational needs require.
- Fluency in English (required) and at least one other foreign language desirable.
- Cultural understanding and overseas experience in developing countries is highly desirable.
- Willingness to travel approximately 30% of the time and willingness to travel occasionally to Afghanistan (required).
- Advanced degree preferred, in a discipline related to international development or agriculture/agribusiness.
- Applicants must have US citizenship or have an authorization to work in the US (required)
HOW TO APPLY: Please send CV and Cover Letter that clearly shows you meet the required skills/experience of the position and also includes a list of contacts (minimum 3) for references. Send by email to email@example.com with “Senior Business Practice Leader –Washington DC” in the subject line.
Deadline for Applications: February 7, 2013
Thank you for reviewing this position and hope that if this does not match your area of expertise, you will forward to others who may be a good match.
Email only, No Phone calls please. Am in Nicaragua until February 2,