Position Title: Senior Advisor –Agribusiness and Finance
Start Date: Immediate
End Date: November 2013 with possible extension
Location: Washington, DC
Duties: Responsibilities include:
- Providing technical, managerial and administrative support to the Chief of Party to ensure high-quality deliverables are provided to USAID on schedule;
- Identify and develop innovative investment opportunities for agribusinesses, particularly in sub-Saharan Africa;
- Analyzing data and drafting of written deliverables (including, but not limited to periodic progress reports and deliverable documentation);
- Representing the project to key stakeholders both in Washington in the field;
- Coordinating on-going planning with other USAID projects and across several countries in Africa;
- Drafting, editing and revision of project deliverables as required; and
- Other duties as assigned by the Chief of Party.
Qualifications Requirement: The Senior Advisor will have:
- A minimum of 8 years of experience working in the international development arena in areas related to agriculture, investment and/or finance;
- At least 2 years professional experience in Africa;
- A graduate degree in agriculture, agribusiness, business administration or finance or a closely related field;
- Ability t travel internationally (25%) on short notice for periods of up to 4 weeks;
- At least 2 years’ experience in working with USAID or on USAID-funded projects, preferably in Africa;
- At least 2 years’ experience producing written deliverables and reporting to USAID (written reports, presentations, etc.);
- Strong written and oral skills in English – French or Portuguese helpful, but not required.
- Applicants must hold US work authorization prior to applying (required)
How To Apply: Qualified candidates should submit a CV, cover letter and list of 2-3 referees to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Sr Agribusiness –Finance_ Washington DC” in the subject line.
Deadline for Applications: Needed As soon as possible but will accept applicants until February 4, 2013
Thank you for reviewing this position and hope that if this does not match your area of expertise, you will forward to others who may be a good match.
Aines International Recruitment Services, USA