Collegiate Directions, Inc. (CDI) seeks a qualified College Counselor for a non-profit, educational program. CDI serves high-achieving, low-income, first-generation-to-college students in Montgomery County, MD, public schools. The program identifies Scholars in the 11th grade and supports them throughout college to ensure persistence and graduation.
CDI is expanding its counseling team as the program’s scope increases. The Counselor will serve a key role in the program’s strategic growth and will report to the Director of Programs.
Counselor duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Providing comprehensive educational, college, and financial aid planning as part of a counseling team, for the program’s students and their families
- Communicating and collaborating with CDI partner high schools, colleges and other community organizations
- Fostering relationships with students and young alumni
- Assisting in organizing and creating alumni-related events and activities
- Visiting colleges and universities and participating in appropriate professional development
- Participating in program activities, including some evening and weekend commitments
- Editing/writing CDI outreach materials
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with students and colleagues from diverse ethnic and cultural backgrounds
- Willingness to take initiative and work with a dynamic team
- Strong organizational skills, with attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills in relating to multiple audiences, including students, parents, and educators
- Master’s degree in Student Affairs, Education, Counseling, or related field strongly preferred
- Foreign language proficiency and some tutoring experience
Mid-40K, commensurate with experience, plus generous benefits.
Applicants should submit a letter of interest and résumé to:
Ana I. Hilton, Director of Programs OR email@example.com
Collegiate Directions, Inc.
4833 Rugby Avenue, Suite 301
Bethesda, MD 20814
References should be available upon request.