Position: Administrative and Financial Officer
Location: Port au Prince, Haiti
Start Date and duration: to start in the first quarter of 2013, it is a 3 year position
I am seeking the Administrative and Financial Officer (A/F Officer) on behalf of Partners of the Americas and my client needs applicants before December 3. The A/F Officer will be responsible for the overall administrative and financial management and tracking of a USAID-funded Haiti Nutrition Security Program focused on improving nutrition and maternal anemia outcomes for pregnant and lactating women and children under two in Haiti’s North and Northeast regions. *Please note: This position is contingent upon Partners of the Americas being awarded this Program.*
The position will be based in Port au Prince. The A/F Officer will be responsible for thetransparent and efficient management of the project’s financial and administrative systems, in accordance with all relevant USAID, Partners, and local policies and regulations. The A/F Officer will prepare budgets, financial reports, and documentation for audits. S/he will establish sound financial systems with strong internal controls, accurate tracking of project expenses, and clear sub-contracts. In addition, she will assure that the project adheres to all labor laws and regulations.
- A minimum of eight years of experience in accounting and/or financial management, including the management and oversight of donor-funded project budgets and financial reporting.
- A minimum of eight years of experience of in organizational and administrative management in an international context.
- University degree in business administration or accounting
- Previous experience and a successful track record with USAID-funded programs.
- Excellent financial management skills including preparing and managing budgets and financial reports, and experience with contracts and negotiations.
- Effective writing skills sufficient to write reports, communications, and documentation.
- Strong spoken and written English, French and Haitian Creole are strongly encouraged.
- Strong analytical, negotiation, interpersonal and organization skills.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office applications.
How to Apply: Please send resume/CV that clearly shows you meet the required qualifications of the position by email to Linda.email@example.com. Please include “Haiti Administrative and Financial Officer” in the subject line of your email.
Deadline for Application: December 3, 2012
Thank you for reviewing this proposed position and if these are outside your area of expertise and you know of someone that matches the qualifications requirements, I hope you will forward to them.
Linda Aines, Aines International ….. review all our positions on http://www.internationalink.net