Position Description: Impact Analysis & Reporting Manager
The Impact Reporting Manager will work with the Development, Communication and Policy Team at Self-Help and will be responsible for tracking, analyzing and reporting Self-Help’s impact on the people and communities we serve. The Manager will manage several databases; prepare reports to a variety of audiences, especially funders; evaluate current programs; and support the team’s efforts.
- Actively work with databases for analyzing Self-Help’s lending, member and impact data
- Design and review methods of impact data collection
- Synthesize and aggregate data from various loan and financial software systems for analysis
- Prepare descriptive, analytical and evaluative reports about Self-Help’s financial position, programs, and impact for government and private funders and internal management
- Provide financial and impact data and analysis to internal and external customers to support proposals, maintain investor relations, public relations and communications, and to determine market demand for Self-Help’s programs
- Carry out occasional evaluations of Self-Help’s programs including evaluation design, research, analysis, writing and presentation of findings
- Analyze cost-benefit trade-offs and prioritize potential data projects.
- Define and manage projects to approved scopes and budgets.
- Participate in other Development, Communications & Policy Team projects
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, public policy/administration, social sciences, statistics, computer sciences or related field
- Three (3) years of related experience
- Excellent data analysis skills and experience, particularly related to housing, financial services or economic development programs
- Experience in database design and management
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products, in particular Excel and Access
- Strong project management, oral and written communication and problem-solving skills
- Candidates should be self-starters and also able to work in a team environment
- Interest in community development and working in a diverse organization.
- Master’s degree in economics, public policy/administration, social sciences, statistics, computer sciences or related field
- Three (3) to five (5) years of related experience
- Ability to lead people with and without supervisory responsibility in a decentralized environment.
- Program evaluation research experience, particularly related to housing, financial services or economic development programs
- Experience using SQL Server tools (SSIS, SSRS, SSAS) and GIS software
Physical Requirements: Frequently requires use of manual dexterity and repetitive motions, primarily with the wrists, hands, and/or fingers. Must be able to occasionally lift and exert force of up to 10 pounds.
Compensation: Competitive nonprofit salary, based on experience, plus a generous benefits package.
Application: To apply, please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please include position title as subject of email.
Self-Help is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, class, age, religion, disability that can be accommodated, marital status, ancestry, nationality, family status or sexual orientation.
Vice President and Director
Self-Help’s Development, Communications and Policy team
301 W. Main Street/PO Box 3619
Durham, NC 27701-3619