National Federation of Community Development Credit Unions
39 Broadway, 21st Floor • New York, NY 10006 • www.cdcu.coop
The National Federation of Community Development Credit Unions is a dynamic, growth-oriented community development financial institution specializing in bringing financial services to low-income communities through nonprofit, member-owned community development credit unions (CDCUs). Based in New York City, the Federation provides financial, technical, and educational services to credit unions serving low-income and economically disenfranchised communities.
The Federation seeks a Program Associate to support, monitor and document innovative programs that further financial access and education. Specific projects include national initiatives to create and provide financial products for and services to vulnerable target populations such as the aging, disabled and immigrant communities; programs to enhance the micro-finance lending capacity of CDCUs, alternatives to predatory loans and Federation national and regional training conferences and Institutes.
Reporting to the Vice President for Programs, this position also works with the Senior Program Officer and the Director of Membership
- Manage program responsibilities and relationships with participating CDCUs on key initiatives, including, but not limited to marketing and outreach; partner relationships; development of educational and training materials. Contributes to the strategic development of these programs
- Support in the design and implementation of program oversight and evaluation; establishing baseline studies, effective benchmarks, outcomes and measurement collecting and monitoring program data; soliciting and receiving partner reports, ensuring transparent record-keeping and accountability; providing preliminary analysis and reporting Responsible for
- Researching, drafting and contributing to reports, articles and web copy.
- Support staff in identifying and integrating best practices and lessons learned to be shared with the regional networks and internal program team
- Organizing and supporting educational training programs including: webinars, conferences, round-tables and presentations for low-income credit unions; supporting appropriate staff in the development of content, marketing, and documenting of educational programming; developing and updating timelines and schedule of training events and updating the website to reflect training and course offerings; Identifies new opportunities for program engagement in collaboration with program team
- Maintains program files within management database and ensures data integrity including, but not limited to, budget entry, partner report entries, and payment schedules.
- Coordinates with staff for funding including, but not limited to, supporting proposal writing teams, reviewing drafts, ensuring accuracy of information, and reporting to donors
- Experience: B.A. Required, M.A. preferred. Minimum of 2 years relevant work experience. Previous experience with financial institutions or in any of the aforementioned programmatic areas preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral;
- Excellent organization skills;
- Ability to effectively represent the institution;
- Ability to manage situations with tact and diplomacy while empowering and supporting;
- Ability to work well in teams as well as independently;
- Ability to pay attention to detail, to work well under pressure and to relate to people of different ethnic and economic backgrounds;
- Ability to establish and build relationships with a diverse array of professional and community groups;
- Proficiency in word-processing, spreadsheets, database applications, presentation software etc.
- Other Requirements: Ability and willingness to travel up to 25% of the time.