The Aspen Institute Summer Internship program employs college Juniors and Seniors during the summer months in Aspen,Colorado. The Internship position opportunities are within the Roaring Fork Valley Community Outreach Program, the Society of Fellows Program, Seminars Department, Public Programs, Development and Administrative Departments within The Aspen Institute.
The Aspen Institute mission is twofold: to foster values-based leadership, encouraging individuals to reflect on the ideals and ideas that define a good society, and to provide a neutral and balanced venue for discussing and acting on critical issues. The Aspen Institute does this through seminars, young-leader fellowships, policy programs and public conferences and events.
Begin accepting applications: January 1, 2013*
Application Deadline: January 31, 2013*
Interview dates: February 1 – 28, 2013*
Employment notification: March 9, 2013*
Position Start Date: Early June 2013**
Position End Date: Late August 2013**
Hours per Week: 40+ (overtime will be paid as applicable)
*These dates are subject to change.
**May vary depending on department.
Provide administrative support and general assistance for the Aspen office.
Primary Mission Accountabilities:
All Aspen Institute employees are expected to embody the Institute’s core mission, stated above. The primary aspects of the mission for which this position is held accountable are:
- Foster a culture of excellence in all aspects of his or her work.
- Represent the Aspen Institute ideal of respect for the dignity and value of others.
- Promote a teamwork environment.
- Adhere to professional dress code.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide general administrative support as needed (copying, answering phones, database entry, fulfilling requests for information, etc.).
- Prepare reports, correspondence, and mailings as requested.
- Assist with staffing needs of events, lectures and seminars.
- Additional projects as requested by department supervisor.
Core Values Skills:
- Outstanding communication skills
- Respect & value diversity
- Initiative and responsiveness
- Organizational skills and attention to detail
- Team player
- Valid driver’s license.
- Obtain and pay for local housing.
Knowledge, Education and Experience:
- Must be enrolled in or recent graduate of an accredited college or two years work experience in an administrative or similar capacity.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
To Apply: All applications must be submitted through OpenHire on our website:
It is critical that you include both a resume and a cover letter.