Partners for the Common Good, a leading national community development financial institution loan fund, is seeking a full-time, Business Development manager to drive customers and revenues for an innovative social venture. He/she will lead business development for the launch of a new online platform serving the community development finance sector that is designed to match mission focused loans with capital sources. He/she will work with the Chief Executive Officer to set strategy and drive users and sponsors to the CapNexus website. The Business Development Manager is a visionary who can move seamlessly between the profit and nonprofit worlds and bring and form productive partnerships with technical and creative leaders in digital media.
(1) Serve as chief business development officer for CapNexus. The incumbent will lead cultivation of new customers to post and/or buy loans and retain current customers by providing first class, responsive customer service.
(2) Participate in the development of and lead achievement of performance milestones (e.g. number of users, loans posted, matches, contacts, transactions completed).
(3) Design and implement outreach and marketing campaigns, including: (a) one-on-one customer cultivation; (b) social media and communications strategy; (c) increase visibility of CapNexus at industry sector events and conferences; and (d) identify, cultivate and implement partnerships and collaborations with external stakeholders that will contribute to the success of the product and achievement of strategic goals
(4) Participate with other team members in on-going product refinement.
(5) Work with other team members to develop materials, collateral, and programs to educate prospective users about the purpose of CapNexus and its value for different user communities.
(6) Design and utilize CapNexus performance metrics and analytic tools to gather market intelligence, evaluate product effectiveness and results, and ensure alignment with strategic goals and milestones.
(7) Identify and analyze market challenges and opportunities.
(8) Investigate and develop a long term CapNexus business model with the goal of self-sustainability
(9) Participate in raising start up philanthropic or other resources.
Qualifications: A self-starter, highly organized, and entrepreneurial individual with strong business development and marketing skills, analytical, project and time management skills and communication skills, a high degree of professionalism, and a flexible, collaborative spirit. The ideal candidate is highly motivated by mission
Experience with: (1) launch of new products or services; (2) delivering services through online, social or other digital media; and (3) knowledge of financial services or community development finance sector are highly desirable. Experience with a startup social venture is a plus.
• Strong business acumen; orientation toward achievement of goals
• Exceptional people skills with the ability to build and grow customer relationships
• Outstanding speaking, writing, interpersonal, and presentation skills
• Team-orientation, with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work both collaboratively and independently
• Entrepreneurial style, with an enthusiasm for working in a fast-paced, dynamic organization.
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments, juggle multiple tasks simultaneously, and flexible to meet team needs
• Detail-oriented, commitment to high standards of performance
• Bachelor’s degree required. Advanced degree (e.g. Master of Business Administration) preferred
• 5+ yrs related work experience
Full time; based in Washington DC, some travel. Competitive compensation, commensurate with experience. Apply at email@example.com. Please send resume, references and a writing sample.