Title: Senior Technical Advisor,
Location: Washington DC area (with some short-term domestic and international travel)
Start Date and Duration: Immediately, This is an existing staff position.
Development & Training Services Inc. (dTS) is an international development firm that leads initiatives in social and economic development with a view to promoting equality and accountability. Our services in gender integration; training and capacity building; and monitoring and evaluation have been applied in a variety of sectors across 61 countries for the US Agency for International Development (USAID), US Department of State, among others.
dTS is seeking the services of senior-level advisor to provide technical program and performance management assistance to one of our clients and their implementing partners under an on-going Civil Society Strengthening project. The Senior Technical Advisor will devote about 1/2 time to being the Chief of Party on a LAC project and will spend the other half as a senior member of dTS’ Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) practice.
Roles and Responsibilities: Program Management
1.Advise and assist the client in improving internal program management services for the purpose of improving program results in a restricted environment
- 2.Provide technical assistance to the client and its implementing partners in all aspect of performance management, managing for results and monitoring and evaluation.
- 3.Emphasis is expected to be placed on effectively reporting and communicating on program and project results.
Minimum Qualifications and Education Requirements:
Minimum of 10 years in international development with an emphasis on Democracy and Governance (D & G) projects required;
- At least 5 years in Monitoring and Evaluations is required;
- At least 2 years of experience in designing and implementing Performance Management Plans (PMPs) or systems funded by international Donors organizations is required; Experience in PMPs funded by USAID is highly desirable.
- Advanced knowledge of the principals and application of performance management systems (required);
- Prior experienced working in closed societies is a preference;
- Strong written and oral communications skills;
- Fluency in Spanish is preferred ;
- Applicants must have authorization to work in the US;
- Master degree in political science, sociology, international development or a related field involving democracy & governance or civil society development (required).
How to Apply: Qualified candidates with relevant experience should send a current résumé, cover letter, and references to email@example.com . In the subject line, please indicate “Senior Technical Advisor-WDC”. dTS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Deadline for Application: September 24, 2012.
Thank you for viewing this position and I hope that if it is not in your area of expertise, that you will forward it to colleagues who may have the experience and will benefit by it.
Aines International Recruitment Services, St Petersburg, Florida, USA