Program and Outreach Manager
Based in Washington, DC
Start date: Late October 2012
City First Homes, Inc. (CFHomes) is an innovative nonprofit organization launched by City First Enterprises as a result of the 2006 Workforce Housing Act passed by the government of the District of Columbia. City First Enterprises is a 501c3 nonprofit social innovation incubator that previously founded City First Bank, a Community Development Finance Institution. CFHomes supports the development of mixed-income communities through the creation of permanently affordable, shared-appreciation homes. CFHomes helps homebuyers who are otherwise locked out of homeownership afford a home; in return, they agree that if and when they sell, it will be priced to remain “permanently affordable” for subsequent purchasers. CFHomes’ innovative affordable housing model has been awarded several national awards including most recently support from the White House’s Social Innovation Fund, and has been featured in The Washington Post, on National Public Radio and in numerous case studies. Learn more at www.cfhomes.org.
Position Description :
CFHomes seeks a talented and experienced Program and Outreach Manager to develop, oversee and execute marketing, outreach, customer management, and operational activities for the organization. The Program and Outreach Manager will also carry out some grant writing, social impact research and administrative duties. S/he may also be responsible for recruiting, training and managing 1-2 marketing interns. The Program and Outreach Manager ‘s primary function is ensuring that the organization is successful in establishing and building relationships with potential homeowners, current homeowners, realtors, lenders ,nonprofits and government agencies. This full-time position is based in Washington, DC and reports directly to the Housing Director.
Specific Job Duties:
– MARKETING AND OUTREACH (30% of time spent)
- Review and execute a city-wide marketing and outreach strategy. Outreach will target such groups as first responders, educators, DC government agencies, nonprofit organizations, unions, local blogs and newspapers and other relevant entities. The outreach will also include identifying strategic partnerships to help promote the program.
- Provide content and manage existing online marketing campaign, including writing monthly newsletter, frequent blog posts, Facebook updates and Twitter feeds.
- Present the CFHomes program to a variety of organizations and representing CFHomes at various housing and community development fairs.
- Promote CFHomes to new lenders to encourage them to approve CFHomes; manage the process of getting CFHomes approved by the lender; train their loan officers to market and lend with the CFHomes program; build productive referral relationships.
- Market for-sale properties in the CFHomes portfolio and CFE development pipeline.
- Develop business partnerships with realtor organizations; train realtors on the CFHomes program; build productive referral relationships.
- Write and design customer-friendly, easy-to-understand educational marketing material such as cost analyses, flyers, diagrams, and Powerpoint presentations; write content and create videos to post on our website.
– CUSTOMER SALES AND MANAGEMENT (20% of time spent)
- Work directly with customers from first contact to decision-making through closing; respond rapidly to all customer questions and concerns
- Educate customers on the program by meeting with them one-on-one on an as-needed basis, and address questions and concerns
- Problem-solve with individual homebuyers and their realtors and lenders, to work through any financial or operational barriers so that they can successfully close on their home.
- As needed, provide general homebuyer financial advice and tips.
- Offer 1-hour Homebuyer Presentation periodically, typically one Saturday per month, often on the site of one of the homes that is for sale.
– PROGRAM MANAGEMENT (40% of time spent)
- Manage all aspects of program execution, including:
- Application intake, eligibility approval, and customer closings
- Managing and maintaining customer loan files; inputting loan data into existing central database and Homekeeper database.
- Working closely with lenders to ensure their compliance with CFHomes lending requirements
- Working closely with realtors to ensure compliance with CFHomes homebuyer requirements
- Managing all customer administrative issues such as issuing homebuyer certificates, scheduling homebuyer education classes, processing grant approval documents.
- Executing miscellaneous administrative issues, office management duties, tracking grant reporting
- Working with Housing Director to ensure compliance with all federal regulations; training will be provided
– GRANTWRITING (5% of time spent)
- Assist with grant writing, supervised by the Executive Director of our parent organization City First Enterprises
- Search for new grant opportunities
– SOCIAL IMPACT TRACKING (5% of time spent)
- Develop surveys and measures to track social impact of program on homebuyers on an ongoing basis
- Report on findings from social impact surveys to promote the program
Requirements and Qualifications:
– Bachelor’s Degree
– Marketing and outreach experience; demonstrated long-term interest in marketing a plus
– Database management skills
– Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build genuine relationships with customers, lenders and realtor partners
– Program management experience
– Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, self-directed environment
– Experience with real estate affordable housing, housing finance, and urban community development preferred but not required; interest in these topics is required
– Strong writing skills
– Real estate brokerage license is a plus
– Will be competitive with nonprofits in DC, and reflect experience of applicant
How to Apply:
– Please send a cover letter, resume and short writing sample to email@example.com
– Please submit complete applications as soon as possible after September 7, 2012
– Position begins in late October 2012
City First Homes, Inc.
Homes You Can Afford, Neighborhoods You’ll Love!