One of our recent graduates, Nikol Ford, recently received a position at CoStar. When I spoke to their hiring manager to give Nikol a reference, she asked if I knew any recent graduates who should apply. I said, “of course!” Please see below or click on this link: http://tbe.taleo.net/NA5/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=COSTAR&cws=1&rid=1456
|Washington DC – HQ|
# of Openings:
Joining CoStar Group puts you in the heart of the dynamic, fast paced commercial real estate industry. CoStar changed the way commercial real estate works by empowering professionals with the industry’s largest database of researched, unbiased commercial property information. Today, CoStar Group (Nasdaq: CSGP) is the premier information, marketing and analytic solution for tens of thousands of commercial real estate brokers, owners, developers, investors, lenders, appraisers and more. We have invested over $1 billion in our research operations and we are currently seeking enthusiastic, customer-focused Research Associates at our state of the art headquarters Washington, DC.
As a Research Associate, you are the foundation of CoStar’s business and play a pivotal role accurately capturing business critical information for your assigned portfolio of properties. By pro-actively contacting leading commercial property professionals, building relationships with them, and asking the right questions, you’ll obtain real-time data to ensure that CoStar’s database accurately reflects the listings, inventory, and recent deals in the marketplace.
· Grow an accurate and complete database of commercial real estate inventory (for lease and for sale listings, lease comps, sale comps, and tenant data).
· Conduct phone interviews to ensure all listings are accurately reflected in the CoStar database. Building relationships, effective questioning, active listening, probing, and understanding the property market in your area will be critical to your success.
· Ability to effectively communicate while capturing transaction information (new listings, new sales comps, new lease deals, etc.). Convert leads from outside sources (web sites, field leads, SEC filings, news stories, and tax records) to new transactions and contacts.
· Effectively brand CoStar during research interviews.
· Write news stories on breaking commercial real estate news uncovered through research.
· Provide assistance to customers during update process if they need help using products.
Skills and Qualifications:
· Professional work experience in a business to business or customer focused environment.
· Successful candidates will have comfort and/or experience in an environment that measures and rewards individuals for meeting and exceeding performance targets. Successful candidates will also have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment.
· Proficiency in Windows-based applications, outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to learn & apply concepts are essential.
· Must be organized and self-motivated with a keen attention to detail and a focus on accuracy.
· Must be open to feedback and be able to flex communication styles to suit various audiences.
· 4 year college degree is required.
· Flexibility in hours from 8am – 8pm is preferred.
· Prior customer service/call center or commercial real estate experience is preferred.
· Extensive paid training.
· Comprehensive medical, dental, prescription and vision benefits with a choice of two plans.
· Company-paid life insurance for one time’s your annual base salary to a maximum of $300,000 per year.
· Company-paid long-term and short-term disability benefits.
· 12 days accrued paid vacation 1st year; 5 days sick leave per year, and 2 personal days.
· A 401(k) plan with eligibility the first of the quarter following 6 months of employment. The Company will match 50% of the deferred amount up to 6% of employee’s gross compensation with a 5-year vesting schedule.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer m/f/d/v. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.