POSITION: Human Resources/Office Manager (Officer)
REPORTS TO: Vice President of Human Resources
2nd REPORT: Chief Operating Officer
DEPARTMENT: Originations, Operations & Sales
LOCATION: US – Maryland – Bethesda
Human Resources & Office Manager (Officer)
Supporting the Vice President of Human Resources, the HR Officer is responsible for the functional areas of Office Management and HR Administration.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Human Resources Support:
Support Chief Operating Officer and VP of Human Resources in the carrying out of Calvert Foundation bi-annual compensation survey
- Implement and serve as an administrator of the HR data management “off-the-shelf” system
- Prepare first draft of offer letters with descriptions and key boilerplate information. Work with supervisors to set up
- Coordinate the logistics of our interviewing, hiring, and on-boarding process in conjunction with the hiring manager
- Arrange for advertising or posting of job vacancies, and notify eligible workers of position availability; manage/sort job box of applicants
- Conduct benefits summary for new hires
- Handle aspects of employee relations medical and other benefits
- Enroll new employees in benefit programs including medical, dental, FSA, 401k, health club reimbursement, and transportation
- Serve as liaison between benefits account representatives and Calvert Foundation staff
- Coordinate yearly renewals and open enrollment periods for all benefit plans
- Prepare personnel reports on turnover, promotions, title changes, etc.
- Explain company personnel policies and procedures to employees or job applicants
- Respond to employee and final round applicant questions regarding eligibility, salaries, benefits, and personnel policies and procedures
- Maintain personnel related documentation including recruitment, benefits enrollments and change request forms, acknowledgements of orientation, training and handbook receipts, performance evaluations, etc.
- Compile and prepare reports and documents pertaining to personnel activities such as:
- Regularly update new staff welcome binder
- Provide employee statistics for grant applications, board reports, etc.
- Create and update staff structure organizational chart
- Conduct background checks and provide employment verifications
- Update and periodically distribute Employee Handbook (hard copy and electronic link)
- Track employee PTO and sick leave balances in coordination with payroll specialist
- Coordinate annual brown bag lunch series for Calvert Foundation/Calvert Investments summer internship program
- Assist in the processing of H1B visas
- Manage Employee Suggestion Box Program
- Distribute Concern Services Promotions through our Employee Assistance Program that is available to all staff
- Update staff phone list
- Address facilities and logistical issues as they arise
- Maintain overall office organization
- Mail processing
- Fed Ex program set-up and maintenance
- Maintain office security and safety
- Track and manage access card system and keys
- Assist in coordinating Calvert Foundation business continuity plan and emergency preparedness
- Coordinate First Aid, CPR, and AED training
- Place supply orders for entire office and kitchen and maintain inventory
- Order staff business cards
Qualifications, Skills, and Required Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required; high GPA strongly preferred.
- At least 3 years in an office environment preferably in an office manager, human resources professional, or administrative support role
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to work independently (the only other HR staff member is the VP of HR), multi-task and prioritize many competing demands.
- Ability to communicate effectively. Must work well with a variety of people.
- Meticulous attention to detail – particularly in your organizational skills
- Willingness to tackle a variety of tasks – from something as basic as filing to something as important as employee interface regarding medical insurance benefit questions
- Flexibility and patience
- Solid sense of commitment and responsibility, with a desire to be proactive and take initiative
About Calvert Foundation:
Calvert Foundation is a nonprofit organization that has pioneered a new type of investing that delivers a social and financial return. People invest in us through the Community Investment Note and then we invest in organizations around the world that empower people living in low-income communities. Our capital finances affordable housing, micro-businesses, and essential community services.
Calvert Foundation, an impact investment industry leader based in Bethesda, MD, has been named one of the top organizations changing the world by Fast Company. Our team consists of bright, energetic and talented people who have a passion for making a difference in the world by helping underserved communities.
Excellent benefit package that includes medical, dental, PTO & sick leave, life, 401(k), transportation subsidy, and more.
No phone calls please.
Interested Candidates should forward a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with Human Resources Officer in the subject line or mail to Calvert Foundation at 7315 Wisconsin Avenue Suite 1100W, Bethesda, MD 20814.