Job Title: Analyst
Reports to: Chief Executive
National Community Investment Fund (NCIF; www.ncif.org) is a non-profit private equity trust fund set up in 1996 to invest in CDFI, minority and mission-oriented banks around the country that increase access to responsible financial products and services in underserved communities. NCIF contributes to their success by aggregating capital and knowledge and leveraging opportunities. It pursues its mission through three distinct activities:
1. Investing: This is the core of the business and involves investing on- and off-balance sheet private capital into mission-oriented banks, placing deposits with such institutions, and enabling the booking of loans using New Markets Tax Credits (NMTC). NCIF is looking to expand its business into small business finance and the Bond Guarantee Program in conjunction with our network of banks;
2. Informing, Leveraging and Connecting: We strengthen institutions in The NCIF Network with research, Social Performance Metrics and peer-networking. We also work closely with mainstream and socially responsible investors as well as with the public sector to strengthen the industry. The Annual Development Banking Conference is premier event that brings together all major stakeholders of the industry;
3. Aspiring to Transform banking such that the asset class of double and triple bottom-line banks can increases and new business models emerge. We also hope that over time investors value social and environmental returns in addition to financial returns.
Total assets under management at NCIF are approximately $150 million including $128 million of NMTC allocations. NCIF is the largest investor of equity in CDFI banks (by numbers) in the country.
NCIF is currently seeking an entry-level Analyst to support business development, company communications, portfolio administration, operations and in general, the organization’s growth in new directions under an ambitious 5-year strategic plan.
The successful candidate will support the Chief Executive and the NCIF team on the following key activities of NCIF:
1. Assist in analysis of portfolio investments from a financial and social impact perspective, including:
a. Creating reports on NCIF investments and the NMTC portfolio to analyze impact and industry aggregates;
b. Monitoring and ensuring funder and investor compliance;
c. Supporting the development of the CDFI/mission-oriented banking industry via the development of industry research reports
2. Creating a communications and marketing plan for NCIF, including maintenance of website, social media and/or collaboration tools, to strengthen ties with NCIF’s CDFI network and deliver added value to network members;
3. Administrative support for operations and accounting including, for example, helping with G/L inputting and editing and month-end close as needed; and
4. General office administration.
The Analyst will comply with NCIF systems and policies and undertake additional duties and special projects as assigned.
• Passion for community development and for improving lives of underserved communities;
• Undergraduate, with maximum of 2-5 years of work experience;
• Experience in communications, journalism, social media and related fields is desirable;
• Experience in CDFI and minority banking or lending to /investing in CDFIs will also be considered an asset.
• Strong quantitative skills;
• Energy, flexibility and drive to work in an entrepreneurial organization that is positioned to grow;
• Resident in Chicago or willing to relocate.
To apply, please send a resume, cover letter and writing sample to Lara Pawlak at email@example.com. Resumes without a cover letter and writing sample will not be considered. In your response, please indicate where you saw this posting.
NCIF is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal treatment and opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status or sexual orientation except where such distinction is required by law.
CDB-L list instructions at www.opportunityfinance.net/CDB-L