SAVINGS PROGRAM MANAGER
Capital Area Asset Builders (CAAB), a nonprofit organization founded in
1997 to help low- to moderate-income individuals build brighter
financial futures, is seeking full-time assistance to administer the
organization’s matched savings programs.
CAAB’s programs include providing money management and consumer
education workshops, leading citywide Campaigns to encourage savings and
provide free tax preparation services, and managing matched savings
programs that encourage investment in education, job training, small
business development, and homeownership. Additionally, CAAB advocates
for programs and policies that encourage savings and wealth creation for
To learn more about CAAB, please visit www.caab.org.
Position summary: The Program Manager is responsible for executing
CAAB?s Matched Savings Program. This individual will work closely with
the Executive Manager on various program development tasks, and a
portion of his or her time will also be devoted to supporting the
organization’s Savings Promoter program through the DC Earned Income Tax
Reports to: Richard Petersen, Executive Manager
Hours, compensation and benefits: This is a full-time, salaried
position with a competitive benefits package that includes full health
insurance coverage for employees and a retirement savings plan with an
– Write and report timely proposals to foundations/corporations
concerning Matched Savings Program funding.
– Oversee both the closeout and drawdown process for federal grant.
– Manage existing and development new Matched Savings Program membership
and partnerships and revise membership model.
– Implement, review, and maintain systems for collecting qualitative and
qualitative client information.
– Manage bank and accounting relationship for the Matched Savings
– Ensure high quality financial management of the Matched Savings
– Ensure client relationships and program participation goals are met
by, for example, processing abandoned accounts, hosting graduations and
fundraisers, and developing new program procedures to reduce attrition.
– Connect Matched Savings Programs savers to CAAB?s other area of work
– Consult with other programs on introducing and reinforcing savings
behavior with their clients.
– Set and achieve annual goals for improving the Matched Savings
– Manage work of Savings Program Associate and other Savings Program
– Oversee the recruitment and management of volunteers working on
Matched Savings Programs program projects.
– Provide guidance and oversight regarding CAAB’s Savings Promoter
– Other related duties within the scope of this position, as assigned.
– Bachelor’s degree and 3 years of relevant program management required.
Master’s degree a plus.
– Highly motivated, organized, and task-driven
– Committed to providing excellent customer service, with demonstrated
ability to follow instructions and carefully review work for accuracy
– Ability to manage projects and contacts independently
– Ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities and meet deadlines
– Strong communication skills (writing and peer-to-peer communication)
– Strong computer skills, including Word, Excel, and Access or other
– Bilingual (Spanish-English) a strong plus
– Familiarity with District-area nonprofits and social service community
– Knowledge of relevant software: Salesforce.com, VistaShare,
DreamWeaver, QuickBooks, and Adobe
– Some experience with income support and/or asset development programs
– Takes initiative to find better ways of doing business
– Takes personal responsibility for and pride in work
HOW TO APPLY
Send a cover letter and resume to the attention of Richard Petersen,
Capital Area Asset Builders. Applications should be submitted by e-mail
email@example.com or by fax to (202) 419-1447. Applications will be
considered on a rolling basis until the position is filled. No phone