Get hands-on experience with FINANTA by analyzing the impact of our lending programs. Help identify new opportunities to support small businesses in Philadelphia!
The Program Analyst will be instrumental in increasing the effectiveness and impact of FINANTA’s programs by tracking and evaluating results against planned goals & objectives as well as resources. The purpose of this project is to identify ways to enhance and expand those programs that are having a positive impact on the community. This will help expand our market and customer base, while identifying what products and services are needed to adequately serve our clients.
The individual chosen as FINANTA’s AmeriCorps VISTA will begin their term of service in September 2012
- Data compilation and input into new database
– Testing for accuracy, consistency and thoroughness
– Managing the database, verifying whether metrics/indicators perform as anticipated.
– Track funding allocations to the various programs.
– Researching best industry practices and benchmarks and comparing them to FINANTA’s outcomes.
– Working with FINANTA’s second VISTA as needed to support the development, expansion and operation of two business associations.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office Professional and Access
– Thorough analytical abilities
– Strong organizational skills
– Able to multitask, pay attention to detail, have flexibility, and prioritize workload
– Able to relate well with people from different backgrounds and professional capacity
– Professional appearance and attitude at all times, on the phone and in person
– Able to work with limited supervision and find solutions to administrative challenges
– Must have high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential data and situations
– Strong English/Spanish oral and written skills required
– Bachelor’s degree in urban studies, economic development, social planning, marketing/communications, business, business administration, strategic planning or related field.
- Annual living allowance of $12,192 ($468 every two weeks) before taxes
– Monthly public transit pass provided
– Training and career development opportunities
– Temporary forbearance or deferment of repayment of qualifying federal student loans
– End of service educational award of $5,550 (applied to any backed loan or used to pay tuition in the future) or cash award of $1,500
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and 3 to 6 questions they may have about the VISTA project and/or FINANTA via email to Bertha Sarmina no later than July 15, 2012.
Bertha Sarmina, Business Lender at Berthasarmina@finanta.org
1301 North 2nd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19122
Phone calls about this position are discouraged.