Calvert Foundation is seeking to fill a Director level position to manage the underwriting process for new credits, renewals, increases to existing borrowers, and workouts/restructures. The individual is responsible for all aspects of the underwriting process, including hiring qualified staff, contracting with qualified external consultants, policies and procedures, training, and related underwriting processes. The role requires someone with strong technical knowledge and expertise, solid people and project management skills, and a commitment to the mission of the organization.
- Build and supervise underwriting team which includes both internal underwriters and external consultants.
- Train underwriters on Calvert Foundation credit risk assessment policies, procedures, and tools and coordinate on-going trainings and meetings with external consultants.
- Oversee workflow of underwriting of new investments, renewals, increases to existing borrowers, and workouts/restructures.
- Ensure high quality of due diligence memos, and sound credit recommendations.
- Ensure a seamless working relationship with the Lending and Credit Risk Management teams.
- Create and revise on a periodic basis the underwriting processes and procedures in close coordination with the Lending and Credit Risk Management teams.
- Maintain a working knowledge of credit policies and guidelines.
- Underwrite loans as needed.
- 10+ years underwriting transactions or underwriting as part of originations team.
- Strong analytical, math and problem solving skills demonstrated in a work environment.
- Demonstrated planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact with people at all levels of the organization.
About Calvert Foundation:
Calvert Foundation is a nonprofit organization that has pioneered a new type of investing that delivers a social and financial return. People invest in us through the Community Investment Note and then we invest in organizations around the world that empower people living in low-income communities. Our capital finances affordable housing, micro-businesses, and essential community services.
Calvert Foundation, an impact investment industry leader based in Bethesda, MD, has been named one of the top organizations changing the world by Fast Company. Our team consists of bright, energetic and talented people who have a passion for making a difference in the world by helping underserved communities. We offer an excellent benefits package that includes a transportation subsidy and more.