Position: Finance and Accounting Assistant
Reports to: CFO
Location: Philadelphia, PA
**Applications are being accepted until Friday, June 15, 2012**
FINANTA, a non-profit community development financial institution (CDFI) in Philadelphia, is looking to hire a Finance and Accounting Assistant. This person will provide professional and confidential bookkeeping and payroll support to the Chief Financial Officer in accordance with GAAP, state, and federal regulations, and the policies and procedures of the organization. This position requires an understanding of overall accounting work, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, journal entries, quarterly and annual grant reporting, budgeting, reconciliation of sub-ledger accounts and bank statements, payroll entries and payment collections. Flexibility, a high level of organization, documentation and filing discipline, a great attention to detail, and the ability to take on special projects and to work with minimal supervision are key aspects to this job. Advanced spreadsheet skills are a must.
– Problem-Solving: Shows excellent judgment in preparing and analyzing data.
– Interpersonal Skills: Focuses on understanding needs presented by individuals; Remains open and respectful to others’ ideas and viewpoints.
– Oral/Written Communication: Speaks clearly and positively; Writes clearly and informatively; Presents numerical data effectively; Is able to read and interpret information competently.
– Business Acumen: Understands the mission and business of the organization; Aligns work with agency Mission and Values.
– Organizational Support: Follows policies and procedures; Completes accounting tasks correctly and on time; Contributes to department’s goals and objectives.
– Professionalism: Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect; Accepts responsibility.
– Dependability: Follows instructions, responds to directions; Keeps commitments; Completes tasks on time; Understands level of confidentiality required by position; Shows flexibility in working schedule to meet workload.
– An Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related field of study.
– At least one (1) year or more as a full-charge bookkeeper with non-profit experience.
– Highly proficient using Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access.
– Knowledge of Peachtree, QuickBooks, MIP or equivalent accounting software.
Salary is based on experience.
Eligible candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to:
ArielRodriguez@finanta.org or mail it to: 1301 N. 2nd Street, Philadelphia, PA 19122
Attn: Ariel Rodriguez, CFO