POSITION: Social Performance Intern
REPORTS TO: Manager, Credit Risk Management
DEPARTMENT: Risk Management
LOCATION: US – Maryland – Bethesda
Calvert Foundation is seeking to hire a summer intern to lead the development of a new system to analyze and promote the impact of Calvert Foundation’s recently launched Women Investing in Women Initiative (“WIN-WIN”).
WIN-WIN is Calvert Foundation’s first cross-cutting initiative that generates social impact across multiple business lines, including international lending, U.S. lending, and the sale of Calvert Foundation’s Community Investment Note to retail investors. At such this person will work across departments at Calvert Foundation, most particularly with Marketing and Strategic Initiatives in addition to Risk Management. Their work will serve as a template for communicating the impact of future initiatives at Calvert Foundation.
We seek an entrepreneurial, self-motivated, detail-oriented individual who can think creatively about ways to document and communicate impact across multiple sectors and audiences. This person will also participate in Calvert Foundation’s social performance taskforce as the team seeks to facilitate industry building movement around impact investing and female empowerment.
- Ensure complete and accurate collection of impact data on recent investments in WINWIN
- Design a system to aggregate data, including census-based geographic tracking, and create a “baseline” analysis of the portfolio in concert with Risk Management systems at Calvert Foundation
- Generate recommendations around composition of existing impact data as it relates to Calvert Foundation’s multiple audiences
- Develop thought pieces for broad distribution around the WINWIN baseline portfolio and its implications for the impact investment field and female empowerment
- Connect Calvert Foundation and WINWIN with industry thought leaders around impact metrics related to women and economic development
- Graduate student studying for a degree in business, economics, or public policy preferred. Statistics coursework and familiarity with social data analysis preferred.
- Professional demeanor and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently, multi-task and prioritize competing demands.
- Expert knowledge of both Microsoft Word and Excel software required; Access is a plus.
- Selected applicants will be asked to submit a writing sample and pass an Excel test.
About Calvert Foundation:
Calvert Foundation is a nonprofit organization that has pioneered a new type of investing that delivers a social and financial return. People invest in us through the Community Investment Note and then we invest in organizations around the world that empower people living in low-income communities. Our capital finances affordable housing, micro-businesses, and essential community services.
Calvert Foundation, an impact investment industry leader based in Bethesda, MD, has been named one of the top organizations changing the world by Fast Company. Our team consists of bright, energetic and talented people who have a passion for making a difference in the world by helping underserved communities.
How to apply:
Interested Candidates should forward a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with Social Performance Intern in the subject line or mail to Calvert Foundation at 7315 Wisconsin Avenue Suite 1100W, Bethesda, MD 20814.