Goodwill of Greater Washington’s….FREE
Career Navigation Job Readiness Program
Open to DC residents 18-years-old or older whose income falls below Federal Poverty Guidelines.
Transportation stipend included!
Intake is scheduled every Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday until 5/23 PROMPTLY at 10:00am
CLASS STARTS MAY 29, 2012!
- Resume and cover letter formatting assistance
- Mock job interview instruction
- Individualized job placement assistance and career coaching
- Development of online job searching skills
- Math and literacy skills development
(Selection will be based upon applicant’s ability to fulfill and show proof of the following qualifications):
- Be 18 years of age or older and a District of Columbia resident
- Ability to complete a 5-week course; Monday – Friday, 9:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m.
- Ability to pass CASAS (Comprehensive Adult Student Assessment Systems) math and reading assessment at a 6th grade or higher level
- Other barriers to securing employment (Currently receiving SSI, SSDI, Food Stamps, TANF, Medicaid, etc.)
- Ability to pass a drug screening
What do you need?
o Social Security Card or Birth Certificate
o Valid DC Government issued Photo ID
o Proof of income that falls below Federal Poverty Guidelines
Every Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday until 5/23 (10:00am) at Goodwill’s Headquarters…
2200 South Dakota Avenue, NE, Washington, DC
REGISTRATION IS NOT REQUIRED
For more information call: 202-715-2618 or
Rhode Island Avenue Metro Station, Bus B8/B9 or Brookland Metro Station, Bus H6
Once enrolled, travel assistance is available.
This program is funded by the Walmart Washington@ Work Work Readiness Initiative, an initiative of the Community Foundation for the National Capital Region.
*Subject to change