Employer: Deutsche Bank Community Development Finance Group
Job Title: Internship (Summer 2012)
Job Location: New York, NY
Deutsche Bank Community Development Finance Group (CDFG) seeks an Intern to support its US lending and investing efforts which consist of a $400 million portfolio of loans, investments and philanthropic program related investments (PRIs).
The Intern will support CDFG Relationship Managers in conducting monitoring and annual reviews of portfolio transactions with an initial focus on program related investments (PRI) in the Deutsche Bank Americas Foundation New Initiatives Fund. Duration will be 8 – 10 weeks during summer 2012.
The Intern will be responsible for:
- Tracking compliance with reporting requirements
- Analyzing borrower/investee financial statements to assess financial performance and condition.
- Reviewing borrower/investee reporting to assess performance against covenants and projections.
- Conducting diligence and monitoring phone interviews with borrowers/interviewees as required.
- Drafting annual and monitoring reviews for Relationship Managers and CDFG and Deutsche Bank Americas Foundation credit officer(s)
- Providing initial vet of new loan, investment and PRI opportunities as required.
- Conducting research on select topics/issues and sectors as needed.
- Providing operations support for CDFG team in its portfolio management and deal booking
- Providing any administrative support as needed
Critical Knowledge & Capabilities/Experience
● Strong written and verbal communication skills
● Good problem solving skills
● High competency in Excel
● High energy, demonstrated willingness to take initiative
|● Good at multitasking
● Strong team player
● Persistence and flexibility
● Passion for community development
● Background in sustainability and social finance is helpful
Current student in or recent graduate of MBA, MPP/MPA program
Please forward resume together with a brief description of your interest and availability for this position to Arti Trehan, email@example.com .