Job Title: Marketing Communications Program Manager
(Temporary Staff Position – through December 31, 2012)
Will consider FT or PT arrangements
Supervisors’ Title: Executive Vice President, Strategic Communications
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Founded in 1985, Opportunity Finance Network® (OFN) is the national network of Community Development Financial Institutions (CDFIs)—private financial institutions that are 100 percent dedicated to delivering responsible, affordable lending to help low‐income, low‐wealth, and other disadvantaged people and communities join the economic mainstream. It is a leadership organization in a growing and rapidly changing industry. OFN Members have originated more than $24 billion in financing through 2010. They finance community businesses—including small businesses, microenterprises, nonprofit organizations, commercial real estate, and affordable housing—to spark jobs and improve lives in hard-to serve markets across the nation, including urban, rural, and Native communities.
To learn more, visit www.opportunityfinance.net.
Position Summary and Essential Functions:
The Strategic Communications team builds brand awareness for OFN and CDFIs. The Marketing Communications Program Manager will support corporate communications and selected strategic initiatives, such as an annual Conference, one of the nation’s largest Awards programs, and Create Jobs for USA, a cause marketing initiative in partnership with Starbucks.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Collaborates with EVP and other staff to develop and manage multiple marketing projects and programs to achieve the organization’s goals
- Functions as project/team manager and takes on or delegates and plans work flow in order to meet requirements of each project.
- Authors business-to-business and business-to-consumer content including articles, collateral materials, promotions, and Web site content
- Vets marketing and public relations content to be sure it is effective, factual, and complies with OFN brand and style guide and legal requirements
- Develops positioning and messaging, as well as provides art direction, manages vendors, and tracks results
- Bachelor’s Degree and 12+ years work experience; Graduate Degree preferred
- 7+ years professional experience in Marketing or Strategic Communications required
- 5+ years in a supervisory, managerial and/or leadership capacity required
- 3-6 years demonstrated experience in community/economic development, community organizing, financial services and non-profit experience preferred
- Strong writing experience required
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, flexibility, and ability to set priorities and coordinate multiple projects effectively required
- Must possess strong creative judgment and collaboration skills
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Send letter of interest, resume and salary requirements to:
Marketing Communication Program Manager
Opportunity Finance Network
620 Chestnut Street
Philadelphia, PA 19106