Strategic Initiatives Associate:
Categories: Entry Level; Fundraising/Development; Marketing/Communications; Administrative
Are you looking for a way to explore multiple disciplines while doing work that is meaningful and rewarding? Calvert Foundation is looking for an associate to support its Strategic Initiatives & Communications (SIC) team, which is responsible for a range of cross-functional responsibilities including: fundraising the necessary capital reserves to pursue investments in emerging sectors such as healthcare and sustainable agriculture; developing and executing new partnerships and programs; and marketing and communications through multiple channels to promote the products, programs, and the Calvert Foundation brand.
We are looking for a talented and socially-committed team member with strong administrative and communication skills. As an integral part of the team, you will help to coordinate SIC’s work across departments and contribute to the design, launch, and support of various initiatives, such as the launch of our recent Women Investing in Women (WIN-WIN) campaign.
The successful candidate will bring a sharp attention to detail, a can-do spirit, and will need to be an independent and self-motivated worker. While the job is administrative in nature, the associate will have the opportunity to define more substantive aspects of the position depending on their strengths and interests.
This is an entry-level position.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Support SIC Team administratively – manage team schedules, arrange meetings, and conduct meeting preparation and follow-up, prepare documents, assist w/travel arrangements as needed
- Track and manage donations – enter donations into SalesForce, send appropriate tax information and thank you letters, generate donation reports, conduct follow-up with donors as appropriate
- Assist with writing and compiling grant applications
- Track and maintain grant records, reporting requirements and deadlines; assist with composition and submission of grant reports
- Conduct research on funding prospects
- Conduct planning for fundraising events; assist with execution and staffing of events
- Assist in planning and execution of marketing campaigns
- Update website, blog, Flickr and other accounts as needed
Qualifications, Skills and Required Experience:
- Interest in using the power of investing to support community development and social enterprise
- B.A. or B.S.
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel software; html skills, knowledge of SalesForce CRM software and Prezi a plus
- Strong research, writing, and communication skills
- Ability to work independently, multi-task, and prioritize competing demands
- Excellent communication skills, internal, and external
- A self-starter, with strong problem solving skills and an entrepreneurial mindset
- Willingness and ability to adapt to change in a dynamic work environment
About Calvert Foundation:
Calvert Foundation is a nonprofit organization that has pioneered a new type of investing that delivers a social and financial return. People invest in us through the Community Investment Note and then we invest in organizations around the world that empower people living in low-income communities. Our capital finances affordable housing, micro-businesses, and essential community services.
Calvert Foundation, an impact investment industry leader based in Bethesda, MD, has been named one of the top organizations changing the world by Fast Company. Our team consists of bright, energetic and talented people who have a passion for making a difference in the world by helping underserved communities. We offer an excellent benefits package that includes a transportation subsidy and more.
This position is full-time and is based in Bethesda, MD. Excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, life, 401(k), transportation subsidy, and more. No phone calls please. Interested candidates should send a resume, independent writing sample, and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Strategic Initiatives Associate” in the subject line.