Consulting for Change works with CDFIs and other nonprofits to design effective strategies to have a greater impact in the low income communities they serve, and to align their resources to implement their strategies. Consulting for Change is led by Adina Abramowitz, a leading CDFI consultant for over fifteen years. For more information, see www.consultingforchange.com .
The Consultant will perform research and analysis that are components of management consulting engagements with Community Development Financial Institutions (CDFIs) and other nonprofit organizations. Consulting engagements include strategic planning, market analysis, implementation planning, brand awareness research and other management consulting engagements.
- Perform interviews with stakeholders and other key opinion leaders on behalf of clients. Summarize key themes.
- Gather and analyze secondary data.
- Research community development industry trends.
- Design and implement on-line surveys, analyze results.
- Internet research including finding studies on relevant topics, looking up web sites of clients’ competitors and possible customers, and funders of similar organizations.
- Analyze and compare CDFI financial ratios to other similar CDFIs.
- Serve as project manager on discrete projects.
- Market Consulting for Change through managing database, drafting marketing materials and in person networking.
Qualifications – Mandatory:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Excellent writing, communications and organizational abilities
- Experience in or knowledge of community development or affordable housing development
- Available for up to 30% travel
- Ability to work independently in small office environment
- Computer and PC software mastery
Qualifications – Desirable
- Experience with GIS mapping software
- Experience analyzing financial statements and creating financial projections
- Experience in helping companies grow
- Small business or real estate lending experience
- Experience or volunteer work in nonprofit or small office environment
Compensation commensurate with experience. Women and Minorities encouraged to apply.
To apply: Send a letter of interest, resume and salary requirement to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 18, 2012.