Business Development Manager
Community Capital Resources is the largest not for profit community development lender in the Hudson Valley. In that capacity, CCR provides start up and business expansion loans to small businesses and critical “gap” financing to affordable housing development in six counties.
The Business Development Manager will foster the growth and soundness of CCR’s portfolio principally through business development, post-borrowing TA and asset management activities. Specifically, the Business Development Manager will:
- Identify new business opportunities for both the housing and the small business programs through prospecting, cold calling, networking, generating leads and referrals with a goal of increasing loan production, improving profitability and expanding partnerships.
- Present strategies for growth and expansion with an eye toward our competitive advantages in our market area.
- Direct post borrowing Technical Assistance provided to small business borrowers in the form of one on one assistance provided by staff (in cooperation with the Small Business Coach) or volunteers, the creation of webinars, articles, sector roundtables, business plan writing workshops, scholarship programs, etc to provide learning opportunities to small business owners in a way that is easily accessible to them.
- Recommend new products or changes to existing products to enhance customer satisfaction, sales and product development.
- Ensure that a safe, sound and profitable loan portfolio is maintained through risk rating outstanding loans, meeting with borrowers, monitoring the portfolio, tracking the status of projects and trend analysis.
- Identify loans that should be placed on the watch list and recommend risk mitigation strategies
- Collaborate with CFO on collection strategies.
- Make regular portfolio status reports to the loan committees and the Board of Directors.
- In collaboration with the Small Business Loan Manager, set agenda, make recommendations and implement changes agreed to by the Small Business Policy Committee.
- Provide back up to the small business and housing loan underwriters by learning the process to a level sufficient to temporarily step-in in their absence.
- Participate in various business expos, training workshops, networking events, conferencesetc. that will extend the reach and reputation of the organization.
This is a full time position. It is a direct report to the Executive Director. CCR values integration of its program areas and has a small staff so an ability to work collaboratively with co-workers is essential.
The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic self-starter who has a combination of strong people skills and an attention to detail. The Business Development Manager must be able to build strong relationships with potential customers, existing borrowers, and possible collaborators as well as have strong analytic skills. Job responsibilities are varied and so a high degree of organization and an ability to continuously shift priorities is essential. The successful candidate will be required to travel throughout the lower Hudson Valley and must be flexible as to hours. Own transportation is a must. Spanish a plus.
Previous experience in business development, lending, portfolio management preferred.
A bachelor of arts/science degree in economics, accounting, business, community development or related field is required with relevant work experience a plus.
Salary: $55,000 plus benefits (employer contribution to health insurance and 403(b).
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy:
It is the policy of CCR to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital or domestic partner status, or any other factor protected by federal, state, and/or local laws.
May 4, 2012