Related: Uncategorized

Spring has sprung and Easter is here!

First, I would like to remind all of you that registration for the May, Summer and Fall 2012 semesters opened on March 19th. In past years, students have waited to register until later in the Spring. With more students on campus than ever, I am pleased to report that registration is going at a much stronger pace than it ever has. This means that classes are filling quickly, and many are already closed. Please do not procrastinate.  Register now to get the classes you need. You can reach Self Service at https://selfservice.trinitydc.edu/SelfService/Home.aspx.

Second, I would like to remind everyone that this is Holy Week. As part of our catholic tradition here, Trinity will be closed this Friday (Good Friday), Saturday and Sunday for Easter. There will be no classes on Friday or Saturday and the University will be closed to all non- residential students, faculty, and staff. You will receive further reminders from our president. You can always check our website for the latest updates as well at www.trinitydc.edu.

On a more heartfelt note,  I would like to take this opportunity to tell you about Sister Teresita Weind’s speech last evening. As you may know form President McGuire’s emails, Sr. Teresita Weind is the congregational leader of the Sisters of Notre Dame de Namur, the founders of Trinity. Her speech was very inspirational as she reminded all of us about the gift of service that lies at the heart  of the mission of the SNDs. The focus of the Sisters on education, bringing health care to underserved women, and fighting human trafficking (or modern- day slavery, as was noted by another Sister) really resonated with all of us there. Our passions for social justice were renewed. The speech should be posted soon on the Trinity website and I encourage all of you to take a look at it.

Later today, the students who participated in the Alternative Spring Break will present in the Rose Parlor (4:30pm) about their experience. I was fortunate enough to hear a snapshot at dinner yesterday and I must tell all of you how profound it was. These students, who represented all four classes of undergraduates, were changed forever. They experienced service first hand. They painted and cleaned and marched for immigration rights. They met with civil rights leaders and saw history in its continuing currency. If you are near campus this afternoon, please come and hear them. They embodied the Trinity Woman and I am sure that you will all be as inspired as I was.

Please make sure to study hard for your Term 2 and weekly courses and have a great holiday weekend.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

Connect with Trinity:

Contact the School of Professional Studies at 202-884-9620 or by fax at 202-884-9632.
Interested in attending Trinity? Please visit our Office of Admissions.