SISTERSummer Institute in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Research
The Goddard Space Flight Center in Greenbelt, Maryland is offering a five day Summer Institute for the purpose of increasing the awareness of and providing opportunities for middle school girls to explore non-traditional career fields with research scientists, mathematicians and engineers. Middle School Girls entering grades 7 & 8 with at least a “B” average in science or math are eligible to apply.
Applications must be submitted via fax by April 20, 2012 to:
NASA Goddard Space Flight Center
Greenbelt , MD 20771
Fax: (301) 286-1655
For additional information, please contact Terri Patterson, Office of Higher Education, 301-286-4398 or Marion Carson, Equal Opportunity Program Office, (301) 286-0628.
Summer internships for high school & college students
Janie Nall, the lead for Minority Education at Goddard has asked for assistance in spreading the word to students and informing our respective colleagues about internships at Goddard for the summer of 2012. It is critical that students are aware of the opportunities that Goddard can afford them, and that they have time enough to prepare and submit their packages, to maximize the likelihood of having a diverse, highly-qualified pool from which Goddard can make intern selections.
Janie would be pleased to discuss internships with you further if you need additional information. She can be reached at 301-286-0885. Please see the attached flyer for the URL, points of contact, disciplines of interest, and other information.
College/University Internship Information
- The application is online at http://intern.nasa.gov
- The deadline for application is March 1, 2012
- Please contact Janie.Nall@nasa.gov or Terri.J.Patterson@nasa.gov for assistance
- Please see attached flyer for additional information
High School Internship Information
- The application is online at https://education.gsfc.nasa-telophase.com/users/login
- The application period is from February 1–29, 2012
· Please contact Evelina.Felicite-Mauricfirstname.lastname@example.org for assistance or additional information.