US Treasury position in Kansas City, KS
February 28, 2012, 9:48 am
Posted by brookste
|The Office of the Comptroller of the Currency is among the top places to work in the federal government. The OCC ensures a safe and sound banking system for all Americans and ensures fair treatment and equal access for all national bank customers. Our culture promotes creative and thoughtful contributions by people in all positions, and an environment that values and encourages diversity. If you are an inquisitive, investigative individual with high standards of your own, consider the OCC.
The OCC is a bureau of the U.S. Department of the Treasury, which has a distinguished history dating back to the founding of our nation. As the steward of U.S. economic and financial systems, Treasury is a major and influential leader in today’s global economy. We have over 100,000 employees across the country and around the world. Come Join the Department of the Treasury and Invest in Tomorrow.
As a Community Affairs Officer, you will serve as an expert resource for bankers and OCC staff on community development lending and investment programs. You will maintain effective outreach relationships with various organizations; develop an understanding of issues they face; and provide information regarding OCC’s policies and procedures relating to the Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) and community development lending and investment.
|DUTY LOCATION INFO:
|1 vacancy- Tampa, FL ; 1 vacancy- Kansas City, KS
As a Community Affairs Officer, you will:
- Act as a technical advisor to OCC management, office staff and field examiners concerning the Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) and community development issues. Provide training for examiners and bankers on issues related to CRA, community development services, lending and investment.
- Develop and maintain an effective outreach program that identifies and addresses issues facing underserved rural areas, affordable housing developers; small minority-owned businesses; communities; consumers; and state and local governments, regarding community and consumer banking issues and economic development issues.
- Facilitate efforts to promote/improve communication and understanding between the OCC field examiners and the communities in which the institutions they examine are located.
- Develop and maintain a clearinghouse of governmental and private sector programs (regional, state, county, local)and public/private partnerships that provide housing, services and jobs to low- and moderate-income people and small and minority businesses.
- Conduct research and statistical analysis on, and develop original survey information about, the community development lending and investment activities of national banks. Develop informational material, for general distribution, on OCC policies, programs and activities relating to community reinvestment and community and economic development.
CDB-L list instructions at www.opportunityfinance.net/CDB-L
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.