TO: Applicants for the Alpha Sigma Lambda Scholarships for 2012-13 Academic Year
FROM: Pamela Collins, Executive Director
WHO MAY APPLY?
Any student at an institution that has an Alpha Sigma Lambda Chapter and who has achieved the following criteria (Student does not have to be a member of the local Alpha Sigma Lambda chapter to apply):
• Completed 30 semester hours (45 quarter hours) of graded coursework at this institution. (Not including transfer credits)
• Achieved a grade point average of 3.2 on a 4.0 scale on all work taken at this institution
• Is 24 years of age or older
• Is enrolled in a baccalaureate degree program at this institution
• Has a financial need for assistance to complete the degree
NUMBER OF AWARDS TO BE GIVEN:
Nine $1700.00 scholarships open to students from any chapter institution.
EVALUATION OF APPLICATIONS WILL BE BASED ON THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA:
• Personal statement
• Faculty recommendation
• Financial need
The completed application packet must be postmarked by March 15, 2012.
Check with the ASL Chapter Councilor at your institution for the date by which that person must have your completed packet for forwarding to the Home Office.
Only Chapter Councilors may forward application packets to the Home Office after verifying your GPA, completed hours at the institution, and other required information. You may not forward your own packets.
Your Chapter Councilor is Dean Telaekah Brooks. Turn in applications to me in MAIN 250 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here for more information: http://www.alphasigmalambda.org/scholarship.php