ANC 4C is Seeking an Administrative Assistant
Advisory Neighborhood Commission 4C seeks an energetic person to provide administrative support to the Commission and general assistance to the public. The ideal candidate should have clerical experience, excellent writing skills, a professional demeanor and a general desire to help improve the Ward 4 community. This is a part-time position and will require between 8 to 10 hours per week during the business day, and 4 to 5 hours in the evening two days per month. Candidates who are fluent in English and Spanish are welcomed, but being bi-lingual is not required. Please find a full listing of responsibilities below. Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org We appreciate your consideration, and welcome any question or comment you may have.
ANC 4C Statement of Work (SOW)
The Admin Assistant shall provide office management services described below in the manner requested by and at the direction of the ANC 4C Commission:
1. Prepare meeting agenda and meeting package prior to the monthly meeting
2. Attend monthly meetings and take detailed meeting notes from approximately 6:30 PM – 9:30 PM
3. Prepare resolutions, letters of support or letters of protest for review no later than a week after the general meeting
4. Mail and FAX letters of support or protest; and resolutions to DC Agencies no later than a week after the general meeting. Delivery may be sooner for time sensitive correspondence
5. Type and distribute meeting minutes electronically for Commissioners’ review and follow-up action no later than a week after the general meeting
6. Copy documents to support meetings or as requested by commissioners
7. Collect invoices for website, telephone, refreshment and other expenses to the 4C Treasurer
8. Get signatures for ANC 4C documents
9. Maintain electronic filing system for all ANC 4C documents
10. Maintain physical files for all signed documents including all grant applications
11. Manage ANC 4C office.
12. Pick up mail twice a week from the post office and alert commissioners of letters.
13. Retrieve voice mail daily from ANC office and alert commissioners of messages addressed to them.
14. Schedule rooms for ANC monthly meetings.
15. Order refreshments for ANC monthly meetings.
16. Update and maintain contact information of all Commissioners.
17. Other duties that may be assigned.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS: High School Diploma or GED · Proficient with Microsoft products, Word; Excel; PowerPoint; Outlook · Good verbal and written communication skills · Good organizing skills · Self starter and ability to work independently with minimal supervision · Available to work two days a week at the ANC office for three to four hours each day · Prefer a resident of Ward 4, but not require
Joseph M. Vaughan – ANC 4C05 – Chair ANC 4C – 202.550.1081