Development and Communications Intern
Boys Town Washington, D.C.
The development intern will work under the direction of the Development Director helping, coordinate events, maintain donor database, and maintain social media . The ideal candidate will possess strong communication and organizational skills, and can commit to working a minimum of 15 hours per week for at least 3 months. The intern is exposed to all areas of development, with a particular emphasis on grant research, cultivation event planning, and membership. The intern assists in the research, development, writing, reporting and submission of grant proposals. The intern should depart with an expanded professional portfolio and with greater understanding of the organizational importance of development
- Support the planning and execution of major fundraising events
- Maintain social media sites
- Maintain e-newsletter
- Manage Raiser’s Edge database
- Compose and file acknowledgement letters
- Assist with other projects as they arise
- Experience with databases
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Excellent organizational and research skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Attention to detail
This position is unpaid.
HOW TO APPLY
Please sumbit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.