ALTA is seeking a 3-month (potential for renewal) 20–40 hour per week paid intern ($10/hour) to research companies in database records, via internet, and via personal contact to determine potential status as an ALTA member. The selected applicant must be highly organized, detail oriented, and able to handle multiple ongoing projects. Positions offer growth potential in information systems, basic bookkeeping, membership, and association management.
The American Land Title Association (ALTA), founded in 1907, is the national trade association and voice of the abstract and title insurance industry. ALTA members search, review and insure land titles to protect home buyers and mortgage lenders who invest in real estate. ALTA is headquartered in Washington, DC.
The positions can also be taken for credit through the applicant’s home university or college, coinciding with spring, summer, and fall semester dates. ALTA accepts applications from undergraduate and graduate students of all majors. ALTA is Metro accessible-located within three blocks of either Farragut North (red line, L Street) or Farragut West (orange and blue lines, 18th Street).
ALTA POSITION DESCRIPTION
Position Title: Data Research Intern
Reports To: Database Administrator (primary); Membership Manager/Coordinator; and License Program Coordinator
Basic Function of Position: Forensic research of membership and license information to correct inaccuracies for statistical and other reporting. Internet and personal contact research to determine company status.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Research membership and license data to correct/verify current and historical information
- Research companies via internet and personal contact (phone/email) to determine status and industry activity
- Assisting with other projects as needed, to include:
- Creating and preparing letters and materials for membership packets
- Corresponding with ALTA members via phone and email regarding membership dues, membership benefits, upcoming sponsored events and other inquiries
- Updates for ALTA’s Membership Directory
- Reception desk coverage
Interested candidates should visit the ALTA Web site at www.alta.org for more information about what we do. To apply for an internship, please e-mail a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. As with any job, please be sure to have someone proofread your cover letter and resume. In this economy there are many applications for every job. Typos and grammatical errors are used as a first level screening tool (screened to the waste basket).