Housing Initiative Partnership, Inc.
Housing Initiative Partnership (HIP) is an innovative nonprofit housing developer and service provider. Our HUD-certified homebuyer/foreclosure counseling program is seeking to immediately fill a full-time Housing Counselor position in our Hyattsville, MD office. HIP’s counseling program is one of the largest and most active in the state of Maryland. We are seeking a candidate experienced in foreclosure prevention, homebuyer education, or underwriting AND a passion for working with our clients. This is a great opportunity to join the HIP team. See job description below.
Reports to: Supervisor of Housing Counseling Team
- Provide one-on-one foreclosure intervention counseling to clients facing mortgage default.
- Conduct occasional workshops for clients on issues such as foreclosure prevention, budget building, credit issues, money management and unfair lending practice.
- Lead an intensive 8-hour group workshop on home purchasing.
- Provide pre-purchase counseling to prospective homebuyers.
- Secure and/or maintain individual certification as a homeownership counselor.
- Counsel and assist clients who have defaulted, or will default, on their mortgage payment.
- Conduct group homeownership education session.
- Be available for post-mortgage counseling for such clients as may need it.
- Conduct pre-closing sessions for persons who are about to finalize their purchase of a home.
- Be current and educated on the subject of predatory lending and be able to counsel people to avoid such loans.
- Be available to meet with clients / conduct sessions at least two evenings a month
- Experience in housing, foreclosure prevention, homebuyer education, underwriting, lending or real estate desired.
- Bachelor degree or related experience required.
- Strong communication, counseling, advocacy and computer skills a must.
- Skill and accreditation in default counseling a plus
Please send resume and cover letter to Mary Hunter, Director, Housing Counseling Program at email@example.com
Excellent salary and benefits.
HIP is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. To learn more about Housing Initiative Partnership, please visit our website at www.hiphomes.org