Job Title: Small Business Trainer Coach DC
FLSA Status: Exempt Position
Last Revision Date: May 18, 2011
LEDC Synopsis: The Latino Economic Development Corporation (LEDC) is a private, non-profit 501(c)(3) community development corporation founded in 1991. LEDC’s mission is to drive the economic and social advancement of low- to moderate-income Latinos and other D.C. area residents by equipping them with the skills and tools to achieve financial independence and become leaders in their communities.
Position Summary: The Latino Economic Development Corporation (LEDC) is seeking candidates for the Small Business Trainer–Coach Position. This full-time position plays a key role in providing business one-on-one technical assistance and group trainings to small business owners in Washington DC area. Qualified candidates must possess a diverse set of skills including fluency in both English and Spanish, small business experience, and experience with immigrant populations.
LEDC’s small business services help low-to-moderate income entrepreneurs acquire the skills and knowledge to successfully open and grow their businesses, including assistance obtaining licenses and permits, marketing, recordkeeping and business planning. Our clients range from small start-ups such as cleaning or construction companies to established restaurants with multiple employees and locations.
Essential Job Duties/Responsibilities:
- Provide on-on-one coaching and interactive group trainings to aspiring and existing small businesses to help improve their core business skills and navigate the licensing/registration process—both onsite and offsite at partner organizations.
- Recruit and manage volunteers and consultants to assist with small business consulting and trainings.
- Develop and improve comprehensive training curriculum, working collaboratively with other team members and consultants.
- Build client base and fill courses through outreach via partner organizations, newsletters, phone-banking, site visits, public service announcements and community events.
- Assist in programmatic and organizational advocacy efforts.
- Perform administrative tasks including intake, contact management and data entry.
Education and Experience Qualifications Required:
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal
- Bachelor’s in Business Administration or related field
- 2 – 3 years work experience running a small business
- Available to work nights and weekends as needed.
- Experience and/or familiarity with small business financial management.
- Experience and/or familiarity with small business marketing strategies.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Strong technical skills including Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Publisher
- Self-starter, who is able to work with limited supervision
- Demonstrated ability to relate to people from a broad range of socio-economic backgrounds, formal education levels, cultures, etc.
- Strong knowledge of and sensitivity to Latino culture.
- Understanding of small business development as a tool for community-based economic development.
- Familiarity with popular education, coaching or other alternative education approaches a plus
Salary and Benefits:
- Salary is negotiable depending on experience, qualifications, and salary history. Range is $40K – $50K per year.
- Benefits are competitive within the DC area: compensation currently includes 3% 401K matched savings plan, healthcare plan with ZERO employee contribution, 10 observed holidays, and 4 weeks of vacation per year.
To apply, send cover letter and resume to Emily Coronado, Director of Small Business Development at email@example.com
To learn more about LEDC visit www.ledcmetro.org.
LEDC is an equal opportunity employer; and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or sexual orientation.