Job Announcement Executive Director
Impact Capital is a non-profit community development financial institution (CDFI) whose innovative programs and targeted lending have transformed communities in over 94% of the counties in Washington State. They provide short-term bridge loans and pre-development loans to affordable housing and community redevelopment agencies, filling a critical need which surfaces before the availability of commercial loan products and tax credit funding. And they are an important catalyst for further investment through their “early in” approach. Impact Capital investments cover initial project costs incurred before often complex project funding can be arranged, creating confidence in the lending community to make investments in projects which have already garnered key support.
Executive Director: Position Summary
Leadership & Operations Management
- Direct and manage a staff of 14, including hiring, training, and performance management.
- Direct and oversee the agency’s investment strategy and loan portfolio; guide the lending team and oversee compliance.
- Collaborate with the board in strategic planning; lead staff in implementation.
- Recommend program and business plan changes in response to changes in the economic, political and business environment.
- Lead design and implementation of program evaluation and achievement measures.
- Manage the relationship with the national affiliate, the Local Initiatives Support Corporation (LISC).
- Model the organizational values and inspire board and staff to achieve the mission
Community Development Building and Promotion
- Engage in constituency building for Community Development Corporations (CDC’s)
- Be a leader in promoting the community development industry in Washington State; build collaborative working relationships with leaders in local public, nonprofit, corporate, and foundation organizations
- Partner with neighborhoods to leverage existing local initiatives to enhance quality of life.
- Staff regular meetings of the Board of Directors and Executive Committee and work with Board committees to develop and maintain the Board’s governance system.
- Consult with the Board Chairperson regularly to develop meeting agendas and schedules.
- Advise and inform members of investment activities and key organizational issues and initiatives; engage Board members in local community development policy and advocacy.
Fund Development and Donor Communications
- Work with/guide the Fund Development Director to implement the fund development plan.
- Work with Board leadership to raise funds to finance program activities and projects.
- Manage all key donor and investor relationships and direct staff in development activities.
- Oversee the tone and quality of communications with clients, funders, stakeholders, and members of the affordable housing community.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, public administration, real estate, or a related field required. Master’s degree strongly preferred.
- 5-10 years of progressive management experience, including at least three-five years in an Executive Director or senior management capacity.
- Experience with commercial real estate loan origination or underwriting required, and at least two of the following: lending, public funding, affordable housing, portfolio and investment management, community banking, or community development.
- High level experience in fundraising and capital campaigns strongly preferred.
- Able to think strategically, identify and capitalize on opportunities, build and maintain strategic partnerships, manage risk, oversee fiscal affairs including financial reporting, budgeting and auditing.
- Knowledge of loan and investment portfolio management, non-profit fund development, commercial real estate lending, compliance and reporting requirements of housing funds, grants and contracts, policies, issues and best practices in community development and affordable housing.
SALARY & BENEFITS
Salary range in the low $100′s. Full benefits package includes personal health insurance, dental insurance, 401K, paid holidays, and sick leave. Generous vacation policy acknowledges your contribution to the industry by three weeks of vacation in your first year and four weeks in the second year.
How to Apply
We look forward to reviewing your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements at EDSearch@NewcastleConsulting.com. Please specify in your cover letter the site, organization or person from whom you learned of this position. Qualified candidates will receive additional application information.
Impact Capital is an Equal Opportunity Employer.