Full-time, Exempt Position
Innovative Changes is a non-profit Community Development Financial Institution that provides access to comprehensive financial education, affordable small-dollar consumer loans, and credit building opportunities to help low-income people achieve financial stability.
Please read more about us at www.innovativechanges.org .
The Executive Director (ED) will have the opportunity to guide Innovative Changes as it moves forward from a positive, innovative start-up to a long-term, high-impact contributor to the financial well-being of thousands of low-income Oregonians. We are looking for an Executive Director who can build on the existing strengths of Innovative Changes and capitalize on opportunities emerging at the local, regional, and national level. The ED must passionately communicate the vision, mission, and programs of the organization to partners, funders, government entities, media contacts, and others so that Innovative Changes is positioned as a national and local leader on alternative lending and financial education.
The ED will continue to expand and strengthen a high-functioning Board of Directors, supervise a small staff and team of volunteers, and manage overall performance of the organization. Innovative Changes serves a very diverse client base and prioritizes diversity on our staff and board; we are seeking an ED with the ability further this goal.
Providing vision and translating strategy into action and results, the Executive Director will collaborate with the Board to implement a multi-year strategic plan that achieves appropriate growth and ensures long-term financial sustainability. She/he will lead, develop, and execute a comprehensive, sustainable funding plan that includes increasing corporate, foundation and government grants while further developing fee for service and other revenue-generating strategies.
* Commitment to the mission, vision and values of Innovative Changes
* Entrepreneurial self-starter and creative thinker with experience producing results in a deadline-driven, fast-paced, dynamic environment
* 7+ years of experience as a successful leader in the nonprofit, government, private or financial sector with proven visionary management, and strategic planning capability- ED experience preferred
* Strong fiscal management skills
* Leadership experience in an organization serving low-income or marginalized people
* Strong experience managing a highly capable team using outcomes measurement and goal-setting
* Demonstrated track record of revenue generation
* Experience creating and maintaining high-level relationships within philanthropic and non-profit communities, government agencies and the private sector
* Ability to build collaborations with a variety of existing and new community contacts
* Willingness and ability to travel to national conferences 1-3 times/year
* Valid driver’s license and personal vehicle required
* Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree preferred
Salary Range: $50,000-$65,000, depending on experience and qualifications Qualified applicants should submit a resume and cover letter via email to: email@example.com
Innovative Changes is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to diversity in our workforce. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. People of color are encouraged to apply.