Nonprofit Finance Fund is currently hiring a Loan Officer in our Los Angeles office. Here is the job description:
The Loan Officer will develop leads, underwrite loans and provide technical assistance to nonprofits as an integral part of the Nonprofit Sustainability and Effectiveness Initiative serving nonprofit organizations across the greater Los Angeles area. This role requires strong analytical and credit skills and resourceful partnership development to increase access to capital for nonprofits in this market. This is a grant funded position with a term of two years. Extension of that term will be contingent upon additional or continued funding.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Lending Management – Help nonprofits secure loans up to $2 million (average $800,000) for everything from small equipment and working capital to major capital projects. Support organizations through all stages of the lending process, including: origination/outreach, assisting with applications, analyzing and underwriting loans, presenting proposals to loan committees, The Loan Officer will also review loan documents and participate in loan closings.
Business Development – Cultivate relationships with banks and other local financial intermediaries. Represent NFF in public forums, facilitate community outreach efforts, and build referral networks.
Technical Assistance – Work with nonprofits to evaluate their overall financial health, determine financing needs, verify credit-readiness, and assess project feasibility. As needed, present workshops on capital project planning, financing and nonprofit financial health.
Requirements for Education and/or Experience:
- At least two years of lending/underwriting experience in commercial or community development banking
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s preferred in business, finance, public administration, or related field
- Demonstrated interest in/commitment to the nonprofit community
- Excellent financial analysis and financial modeling skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong written and oral communications
- Familiarity with nonprofit accounting
- Evidence of strong business development and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of the Los Angeles banking and CDFI community
- Strong time-management and organizational abilities
- Ability to work independently as well as collaborate with a close-knit group
- Entrepreneurial work ethic
To apply please visit our website at this link and upload your resume with a thoughtful cover letter describing how your experience and skills match the requirements of the position. http://nonprofitfinancefund.org/about-nff/employment-opportunities