Program Manager, Financial Security, Baltimore CASH
Location: Baltimore, MD
Baltimore CASH (Creating Assets, Savings and Hope) Campaign was formed in 2001 to increase financial security for low-income Baltimore families. Working with nonprofits government agencies, community organizations, financial institutions, the Campaign provides asset building programs, including free tax preparation assistance, financial counseling, financial education and benefits assistance. For more information please visit www. baltimorecashcampaign.org.
The Program Manager for Financial Security oversees the integration and growth of financial services within the CASH Campaign’s programmatic efforts. The Program Manager ensures that asset building opportunities and financial services are delivered to program participants and supports the training and technical assistance of Campaign partners in these efforts.
Principal Job Duties and Responsibilities
Program Planning and Coordination (40%)
• Lead the CASH Campaign’s team to accomplish the annual asset development program goals.
• Manage existing programs including –Money Power Day, and Financial Coaching and Financial Resource Volunteer programs.
• Establish and implements ongoing evaluation processes to ensure high quality, competent, and timely delivery of financial services to clients.
• Identify new programmatic needs and opportunities.
• Recruit, coordinate and train interns and key volunteers to accomplish program outcomes.
Technical Assistance (30%)
• Provide technical assistance and training to coalition partners to improve connections between tax programs and asset development programs.
• Coordinate with Maryland CASH and other partners to develop and coordinate training opportunities for CASH Campaign partner staff and volunteers.
• Develop and maintain knowledge of management techniques, innovation and program models within the asset development and financial services field.
• Conduct education outreach, develop briefs, and provide content knowledge on financial
security/asset development work for government officials, legislators, and other community leaders.
Management and Administration (20%)
• Assist in agency planning and with fund raising efforts through timely written and statistical analysis, complete project reports, participate in planning meetings with donors and prospective partners.
• Manage vendor contracts and budgets related to asset development programming.
• Represent the CASH Campaign in the greater community – participate on coalitions and in working groups.
• Maintain required job knowledge and skills and core professional competencies.
• Attend and participate in required internal and external educational programs and
pursue external training opportunities.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Master’s in public policy, financial services, business management, non-profit management, social work., or related degree or BA with two years of management experience required.
Experience in non-profit management, working with financial institutions, non-profit organizations and government agencies preferred.
Must be able to motivate and manage staff; have highly effective written and oral communication skills; demonstrated ability to work within a coalition and with diverse organizations and people.
Full-time position with benefits. Salary commensurate with experience. Send cover letter, resume, and salary requirements by May 20, 2011 via email to Natisha@jotf.org Position open until filled.
Equal Opportunity Employer. No phone calls please.