LOCATION Washington, DC
Credit Builders Alliance (CBA) is looking for a motivated and high-performing Program Associate to provide support to the Knowledge Sharing team. This is a unique opportunity for an individual seeking a fast paced work environment that has a passion for entrepreneurship, microenterprise, and economic development and is interested in building relationships with U.S. microfinance and financial capability professionals at all levels.
Founded in 2006, Credit Builders Alliance addresses the staggering fact that in today’s credit-dependent economy some 40% of American adults have no access to affordable bank credit. CBA is a nonprofit social enterprise that serves as the vital bridge between the large credit bureaus and the local community development organizations who work one on one to help their low and moderate income clients build credit as a financial asset. We are focused on increasing the transparency of the U.S. credit system and ensuring that its benefits are available to underserved groups and communities. Our growing membership – a nationwide network of U.S. nonprofit organizations – includes over 200 nonprofit organizations that provide microfinance services and financial education to underbanked consumers in rural and urban communities across the U.S.
CBA pursues its mission through three main activities:
● CBA Reporter is a one-stop shop that enables hundreds of U.S. microfinance lenders to help entrepreneurs and consumers establish positive credit activity by reporting monthly loan payments to the major credit bureaus.
● CBA Access allows microfinance and financial education nonprofits to access and use credit reports for underwriting, financial coaching impact measurement.
● CBA Knowledge Sharing builds capacity of nonprofits by sharing best practices relevant to helping low-income and underbanked families survive and thrive in our changing credit industry through our online toolkit, webinars, workshops and on-site trainings.
CBA is a small, growing nonprofit. We currently have 5 staff and expect to grow to 8-10 in 2011. We share offices with a larger partner organization in the downtown DC business district.
CBA is seeking a highly motivated, organized individual to work with the Director of Strategic Initiatives to support knowledge sharing, training and consulting activities. The Program Associate will contribute to projects currently in the pipeline as well as helping to develop, design and implement new projects.
Training and Knowledge Sharing
Playing a key role in the expansion of Knowledge Sharing activities
- Developing high-quality materials for consulting, trainings, conferences and trade shows;
- Assisting with the production and dissemination of CBA’s knowledge sharing materials for consulting, trainings, conferences, and trade shows;
- Learning about developments in the industry and with CBA members to share internally and externally;
- Preparing CBA’s exhibit booth for conferences and trade shows;
- Preparing and disseminating surveys to workshop participants;
- Helping to market workshops to our members and the larger community;
- Coordinating workshop registrations and logistics.
· Supporting the Knowledge Sharing team on projects as needed.
● College degree and a minimum of 2-3 years of professional experience, preferably with non-profits.
● Desire to be engaged in financial services and community development related work. Community development and/or knowledge of financial service a plus.
● Excellent speaking and writing skills.
● Ability to thrive in a highly collaborative environment and participate in a team-based planning process.
● Self-starter: highly organized, demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, and respond to rapidly changing demands and priorities.
● Entrepreneurial: An individual who can work independently and proactively, and can anticipate needs and take initiative to follow through on assignments.
● Experience with MS office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel), Survey Monkey, and Joomla. Knowledge of SalesForce and Vertical Response a plus.
● Limited travel may be required.
Competitive nonprofit salary commensurate with experience plus health benefits, Flexible Spending Account, 403(b) matched pension plan and fringe benefits, and participation in merit bonus program
How to apply:
Credit Builders Alliance is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified persons are encouraged to apply regardless of their religious affiliation, race, age, sex, sexual orientation or nature of disability.