Senior Policy Representative, Reproductive Health
The National Partnership for Women & Families is seeking a Senior Policy Representative for its reproductive health and rights program. Under the supervision of the Director, the Senior Policy Representative will advance NPWF public education and advocacy efforts at the federal level. This will include developing and maintaining strong contacts with federal policymakers; monitoring, analyzing and responding to key federal policy developments in the area of reproductive rights; and providing technical assistance to policymakers and advocates. The individual will develop written materials to advance the goals of the National Partnership; meet with policymakers and take an active part in federal health and reproductive rights coalitions.
The ideal candidate will be a creative, self-motivated, strategic thinker. Legislative policy experience is required and policy/lobbying experience in reproductive health policy is preferred. Excellent research, written and oral communications skills are required. Additionally, the ideal candidate will possess proven initiative and follow-through, strong organizational skills, the ability to work quickly and well under pressure, and a commitment to women’s health and rights.
- Develop and maintain strong contacts with federal elected officials and staff. Educate and brief congressional staff, members of Congress and agency staff through in-person meetings, written communications, and phone calls. Monitor federal regulations and legislative mark-ups, hearings, and votes.
- Track and analyze relevant reproductive health related activity on Capitol Hill and in the executive branch. Monitor state reproductive health-related activity.
- Write (and conduct research for) key education materials, including fact sheets, talking points, letters to policymakers, staff memos, testimony, and other key policy and advocacy documents.
- Represent NPWF to progressive partners and in relevant coalitions.
- Assist with publication of the Women’s Health Policy Report, an email summary of reproductive health coverage in major media outlets distributed to 50,000+ subscribers five days per week.
- Four year degree and advanced degree or four or more years work experience.
- Legislative policy and/or direct lobbying experience at the state and/or national level.
- Research and/or policy analysis experience.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Knowledge of reproductive health issues preferred.
How to Apply
Salary commensurate with skills and experience. Excellent benefits. Submit letter, resume, two writing samples, and references to email@example.com, or to Senior Policy Representative, Reproductive Health, National Partnership for Women & Families, 1875 Connecticut Avenue, NW, Suite 650, Washington, DC 20009. Position will remain open until a qualified candidate is chosen.