Director of Health Policy – Delivery and Payment Reform
The National Partnership for Women & Families, a nonprofit, nonpartisan advocacy organization, seeks an experienced senior health policy and government relations professional to advance the organization’s health policy goals, with particular emphasis on health care, quality, delivery system, and payment reform issues.
The Director of Health Policy will have primary responsibility for shaping and implementing the policy agenda for the National Partnership’s major initiative, the Campaign for Better Care. The policy goals of the Campaign will include:
- Building broad-based consumer and coalition support to promote health care delivery and payment reforms.
- Ensuring that new approaches to care delivery are more patient-centered.
- Promoting payment system reforms that incentivize higher quality, better patient outcomes and experience, and greater efficiency.
- Shaping a national strategy for performance measurement that drives quality and improves care.
- Promoting the effective use of health information technology (HIT).
The position reports to the Vice President and works closely with the President of the National Partnership and the Campaign Director of the Campaign for Better Care. For more information about the Campaign, please visit www.campaignforbettercare.org
- Providing sophisticated policy analysis and generating policy proposals to advance the Campaign for Better Care’s health care priorities, and providing technical assistance to policymakers and other strategic allies;
- Engaging in skilled advocacy with multiple audiences, including Congress, the Administration, strategic allies, and other health care stakeholders;
- Developing appropriate advocacy strategies, including legislative and regulatory initiatives, public education, and private sector partnerships;
- In close partnership with the Campaign Director of the Campaign for Better Care, developing and leveraging coalition advocacy efforts in support of the policy agenda;
- Representing the National Partnership on policy-related commissions, technical and advisory panels, and other bodies as appropriate;
- Drafting advocacy and other written products to support the National Partnership’s work including testimony, speeches, fact sheets, issue briefs, blogs, and public education materials; and
- Working collaboratively with Campaign partners, coalition members, and allied stakeholders.
Ideal candidates will have a J.D., significant Hill or agency experience, and a minimum of eight years’ experience in health policy issues including specific expertise in health care quality, delivery and payment policies. Candidates must have experience in developing strategic policy initiatives and presenting complicated issues in an accessible manner, as well as excellent presentation and communication skills. Candidates must be effective in a team environment and be able to manage multiple projects and deadlines.
Salary commensurate with skills and experience. Excellent benefits. Submit letter, resume, writing sample, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org, or to Director of Health Policy – Delivery and Payment Reform, National Partnership for Women & Families, 1875 Connecticut Avenue, NW, Suite 650, Washington, DC 20009. Position will remain open until a qualified candidate is chosen.