Chief Development Officer
The National Partnership for Women & Families is a nonprofit, nonpartisan organization that uses public education and advocacy to promote access to quality health care, fairness in the workplace, and policies that help women and men balance work and family responsibilities.
The National Partnership is seeking a motivated and experienced development professional with strong program development and marketing expertise for the position of Chief Development Officer (CDO). The CDO is the lead fundraising strategist within the organization and will assume responsibility for all facets of the development program. S/he will design, articulate, manage, and execute a comprehensive fundraising plan that meets annual income goals and diversifies the organization’s revenue streams. The National Partnership’s annual revenue now stands at close to $9 million.
The Chief Development Officer serves as a key member of the National Partnership’s Executive Team. The Chief Development Officer will:
- Lead the development team and oversee all development efforts, including foundation, major gifts, direct marketing, online, corporate and events fundraising programs;
- Develop and implement a strategy to expand and strengthen the National Partnership’s major gifts and other individual donor programs in order to significantly grow this portion of the income base;
- Partner with communications and program staff to create effective marketing and messaging strategies and tools that resonate with individual donor audiences;
- Collaborate with senior program staff to ensure fundraising, communications and advocacy work are coordinated throughout the organization;
- Develop and oversee all components of the development budget and establish systems to monitor revenue targets;
- Create the structure and systems within the development department that support short and long term fundraising goals and effectively utilizes the talents and capabilities of the staff;
- Ensure that all donor relationships are properly stewarded and funder requirements are met;
- Recruit, train, mentor, and supervise development department personnel and foster an environment that builds confidence, rewards ingenuity, and encourages professional growth.
Demonstrated, senior level expertise in all facets of fundraising and management.
- Minimum of 7 years professional experience preferably in a non-profit advocacy organization;
- Strategic and creative thinker with a proven ability and verifiable track record in developing, marketing, and executing an integrated, multi-faceted fundraising program capable of generating diversified and sustainable income;
- Superior analytical, written and verbal communication skills;
- Exceptional leadership and staff management expertise and a demonstrated ability to motivate and mentor team members;
- A strong commitment to the National Partnership’s mission;
- Bachelor’s degree required, CFRE preferred.
Salary is commensurate with experience; a generous benefits package is offered. Position will remain open until a qualified candidate is chosen. Submit cover letter with salary requirements, résumé, at least two writing samples and three references by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to:
Chief Development Officer
National Partnership for Women & Families
1875 Connecticut Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20009