Belstar, Inc. is seeking to hire a summer intern from Ward 7 or 8.
Duties to include: The successful candidate will participate in a rotation program as a member of the DDOT CM Onsite team. Duties will include participating in a rotation program with team members.
List of duties for the candidate would be as follows:
When working with inspectors
- site inspection
- quality assurance of materials
- Maintenance of Traffic review
- other site issues as they present themselves
When working with Office Engineer
- preparation of monthly estimate
- review of submittals/RFI/VECP etc.
- other office duties
When working with Resident Engineer
- attendance at progress meeting
- preparation of meeting minutes
- review of contractual matters as they present themselves
- other project issues as they present themselves
1. Must be a rising college sophomore, Junior or Senior from Ward 7 or Ward 8
2. Be enrolled in a Construction Management or Civil Engineering program
3. Bring proof of enrollment to the interview.
4. Candidate would have to provide proof of their own health insurance coverage by others.
5. Belstar would pay the intern $10.00 – $14.00 an hour.
6. Max program is 24 hours a week
7. The internship begins June 2011 through August-September time frame. Belstar will also provide the applicable safety & related equipment to the selected candidate.
8. Successful candidate will be given a project safety overview and participate in a rotation program on the project.