RIT’s Future Faculty Career Exploration Program (FFCEP)
September 28- October 2, 2011
If you are interested and eligible for the following opportunities, please do not miss out on applying for this year’s Future Faculty Career Exploration Program:
- An all expense paid trip to RIT campus in Rochester, NY
- Meetings with deans, department heads and the president of RIT
- Exploratory interviews
- Presenting on your research to RIT faculty, staff, and students
- Engaging in a tour of the ever-growing RIT campus
- Viewing the bustling city of Rochester, New York
- Establishing significant relationships with RIT departments for future career networking
RIT’s 9th annual Future Faculty Career Exploration Program is one of a series of recruitment strategies designed to fuel the future pipeline of diverse faculty. This innovative program furthers RIT’s diversity efforts by bringing students nearing the end of their post doctoral, doctoral or MFA studies to Rochester to receive the “RIT treatment.” We also welcome applications from those that have completed their degrees and junior faculty. Previous years’ FFCEP programs have resulted in twelve faculty hires and a summer teaching experience.
- An individual with the ability to contribute in meaningful ways to the university’s continuing commitment to cultural diversity, pluralism, and individual differences.
We are especially interested in applications from people of color who are underrepresented and underserved in teaching professions
(i.e. African American, Latin American, American Indian, or Alaskan Native)
- Within one year of receiving or already completed Ph.D., MFA, or Post Doctoral assignment
- Desire academic teaching career at an exceptional teaching institution that also has a research focus
- Receiving degrees in disciplines offered at RIT; i.e., math, sciences, engineering, technologies, business liberal arts, fine art, computing sciences complete list of programs
- Demonstrate potential to fill open and/or anticipated vacancies at RIT
- Able to travel to Rochester, NY September 28-October 2, 2011
How to Apply:
- More information and online applications can be found at: http://www.rit.edu/academicaffairs/facultyrecruitment/faculty_program.php
- Applications must be received by June 1, 2011
- Selection decisions will be made by early August
Not Interested in FFCEP this year- Join our Referral Database!
- Members receive notifications from OFR on open faculty and research positions fitting their discipline and research areas
- Members are referred to RIT search committees for positions that match their discipline, teaching and research areas
- Log on to: http://www.rit.edu/academicaffairs/facultyrecruitment/prospect_application.php to complete a Prospect Data Form
- Upload your current CV
If you have any questions, please contact us at 585-475-5775 or firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are not interested in these opportunities please inform us and we will remove you from further emails for the 2010 program.
Office of Faculty Recruitment and Retention
Rochester Institute of Technology
90 Lomb Memorial Drive · Rochester, New York 14623-5604
“Excellence through Diversity, Journey to Greatness: Doing it the RIT Way”